Rationalisation/Downsizing!!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Bluesmole

Rationalisation/Downsizing!!

Post by Bluesmole »

First of all, Happy New Year everybody :beer:
As I'm days away from 64 and having retired last August, I decided to downsize at the same time achieving ownership of the amp I've dreamt of for the last 3 years. I sold my beautiful USA Strat after 13 years of joy as well as my Adam Black Libra UK in order to finance the LANEY LIONHEART L5T combo. which should be arriving at the music store by the weekend (fingers crossed). The 12" Celestion Heritage speaker gives me my ideal blues sounds and 5watts of Laney is plenty for home use.
Inow have the amp and guitar I've lusted after and no longer feel the need for GAS!!! I'm very unlikely to perform in public anymore and it will be increasingly difficult to prise "Ethel" my 52RI tele out of my hands. (The only other blonde in my life is my wife of 36 years!!!!

I needed to share this with you all. :oldie: :amp: :chicken: :mercy:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Rationalisation/Downsizing!!

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Congrats :)
Can't wait for the pics, the small review and the soundsamples....
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Hi Bluesmole - can I second what HBL said. And Happy New Year to you too. :big_smile:

Good luck with the arrival of the amp, and congratulations on having the determination to downsize - I'm just managing to stay steady on the collection size, but then I am nearly 10 years behind you. :D

I'm sure Ethel and the Lionheart will play beautiful music with you. If you can find perfect soul-mates of a guitar and amp and a wife you are truly blessed with good fortune. :clap:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

One more owner of a small Tube amp in this forum.
The LT5 looks to have many nice sound tweaking possibilities.
Sound samples , please
/kalle
Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

and thank you for sharing Bluesmole :wave:

We will be expecting a Blues Version of " when I'm 64" on the new LC5 -

I didn't get to try this amp when I was searching for a smaller 5 watter ...I eventually bought a Blackstar HT5 which hits the spot for me
I bought it off e-bay and the fella I bought it from was selling the Blackstar to fund a Laney 5 watter .so they must be pretty spot on !! :thumbsup:

Look forward to your verdict ......what exactly pointed you in this direction in the 1st place ??...............Laney is not the best known of amp names.

You are a couiple of years ahead of me .....and whilst (I think) I've steadied down abit ...GAS still kicks in every now and then .
and
I will not be fighting it too hard !! .although I am good at the moment :music1:

Enjoy your retirement .any plans ??
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Many thanks for the replies. It should be with me by the W'end. I promise to get my kids to help me post pictures and soundbites!!
In the meantime, look at You Tube MbM20100 for the tone I cherish. :lol:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.