Ho.. Ho... Ho...

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Golfxzq

Ho.. Ho... Ho...

Post by Golfxzq »

:oldie: Ho... Ho... Ho... we beat Santa to the punch!!!

Aggiefan and I just got us each one of these early Christmas presents!!!

We pick them up at the GC store tomorrow... can't wait. A little full tube amp, only 5w but great reviews. We just couldn't pass up the $79 (US) price tag, about 1/2 the price of anywhere we could find on the web.
Epiphone Valve Jr. Amp
Epiphone Valve Jr. Amp
epiphone_landing (Small).jpg (38.52 KiB) Viewed 6836 times
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Re: Ho.. Ho... Ho...

Post by VikingBlues »

:yikes: ... !!!!!!!
:xmas_1: Ho.. Ho.. Ho.. indeed!!!! :banana:

You've got yourselves an insanely good deal there.

ENJOY .... and guess what - I bet we'd all like to hear them! :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:drool: :drool: !!! Good Deal :tease: :tease: :tease: Golf/Aggiefan :high5: I think that i hop in my landy and drive over to you en get one to :beer: :whistle: :whistle:
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Guys

I too am drooling or dribbling at the thought of a great amp for $79.00 ....its a total steal !! m :drool:

I know one should not covert or be envious of others and their stuff .......................But I am !!

I'm afraid it just makes you envious of the buying power of places like Guitar Centre in the USA .and we don't have them here at all !!

in the UK that Amp would set you Back at least £139.00 and thats pounds RRP is £179.00

So the Cheapest UK price , even discounted :wall: is equivilant to a US price of $215 -ish :icon_whoknows:

Its a great little amp too ...I tested it out when I was in the market some while back, Gets great reviews on the 'Utimate Guitar review website..Scores a 9.0 o'all ........... ......

But at that price its a no brainer anyway !!

might just want to get Santa to include a reverb pedal .............then you'll be in Tone heaven !!

Mike it up .............post some stuff ..............will it be "Duelling Guitars " :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Sometimes you can find 'em used on Ebay for a decent price. They're pretty bullet-proof so the used ones are still a good bet. They are also easy to modify and hot rod.

I've got the 5w head with the 12" Lucky Lady speaker cab. I think it's a keeper. Damn loud for 5watts!
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention a reverb pedal is a great addition since this amp has no reverb or anything else to complicate it.
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Congrats! That will look great under the Christmas tree. :amp: :thumbsup: :clap:

That's a really, really good deal. I checked on-line with my GC after you posted and I either missed to sale or it's not being offered in my part of the country. :alright:

I get catalogs from Musician's Friend but Guitar Center seems to run the best sales and discounts. Is that the general experience of the folks here? I think I'll have to get on their email list and keep an eye out.

Sometimes the deals are so good your wallet just springs open and the money leaps out. :eye_rub: :yikes: