I would like to introduce you to Co-Co

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

I first met Co-Co on February 2, 2010. She was hanging amongst many, many, other beautiful guitars very high up in a corner where no one noticed her beauty. She caught my eye immediately and it was love at first sight. The next day, after consulting with my wife, I went back and asked if she could go home with me, which she did.

She has a beautiful, sleek body, a long thin neck, and she fits into my arms perfectly. Her voice is beautiful as well but she does have a little temperament if not treated properly. She sits very quiet and patiently in my sitting room waiting for my attention. We have had a wonderful relationship for the past three months and my wife is not jealous at all as long as I devote more time to her than to Co-Co.

Co-Co’s parents are Ibanez from the Artcore linage. They named here AF95-TK-12-01, which I thought was very impersonal so when she came to live with me we agreed that a more appropriate name would be Co-Co.
Co-Co (Medium).jpg
Co-Co (Medium).jpg (22.6 KiB) Viewed 14276 times
Last edited by Golfxzq on Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
Blindboy

Re: I would like to introduce you to Co-Co

Post by Blindboy »

VERY NICE!
Beautiful guitar. I have an Ibanez Artcore, an AF75 in tobacco sunburst. (Yours is prettier than mine :drool: ) It is a fine playing guitar. In fact, it is the one I am taking to town tonight to sit in on a friends' gig.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Lovely piccy Golfxzq and glad you and yr wife are home safe and sound ..hope she can rest and gain strength and heal pretty darned quick !!

You perhaps would not be so lucky ( getting home) if you were in Europe ......Total close down of airspace here with 'Volcanic Ash' wreaking havoc all over Europe right now. really odd but the sky's are so empty and amazingly quiet ...we went for a walk in the country today and all you can hear is birds ( feathered) ...............fantastic !!

Anyway ..love the story ....

I was almost ....

almost ..............

seduced by a strangely lovley Ibanez Artcore AS 103 recently, beautuiful finish and lovely curves .........

but the even more lovely Gibson ES339 in Antique Sunburst happened along and strutted her stuff right in my face and .....................

I'm afraid 'missy' Ibanez lost out and the Gibby 339 became my mistress.

Enjoy your axe

and JimmRR ...............24 hours ..the tension is mounting!! ......even I am excited !!! and I am 3000 miles away !!
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

That's one gorgeous looking guitar - enjoy! :thumbsup:

Nice to know that two loving relationships can work at the same time.

All my best to the three of you and hopes for a speedy recovery by your wife. :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Golfxzq,
That's a very, very beautiful guitar. I hope you can keep Co-Co happy and have a long life together.

My wife just got a couple of movies from Netflix about the life of Coco Channel. If you have seen any of them you will recognize that the nickname "Coco" came from a French popular (or folk) song she sang when she was a young singer. It's a catchy tune. Maybe that should be the song for your Co-Co.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

JimRR wrote:Golfxzq,
... the nickname "Coco" came from a French popular (or folk) song she sang when she was a young singer. It's a catchy tune. Maybe that should be the song for your Co-Co.
JimRR... That would be cool... I tried to locate the song on-line but had no luck. I guess I'll just have to rent the movie. If anyone runs across the song somewhere I would appreciate the link. Not that I could actually play it but that would be fun to try. Thanks.
- Henry Ford
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Hi Golfxzq - I wrote that it was "a catchy tune" - but since I can't remember it maybe it wasn't so catchy. It's a bouncy, lightweight tune - almost a children's song - from France in the 30's. So it probably won't be in iTunes. My wife found a couple of movies about Coco but the latest was "Coco Before Channel" which is a French movie with subtitles starring Audrey Tatou. Sorry to wander so far off topic.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

"Coco" is an affectionate nickname given to a male pet, female is cocotte.
Not sure if it is the tune JimRR refers to but here's a link to the song of the movie Coco Chanel.
(Lyrics: Baumaine and Blondelet, Music: Deransart)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3R3CknU7zc
Jan 15th 2007
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

Wow, I didn't think the actual song would show up. Good research, Vancouverois. In the movie they explain that the song is about a person searching for her little dog, Coco. The dog has wandered away and she asks about different places it might have gone (at least I think that's what it says). It didn't seem to apply very well to your new-found guitar so I didn't mention it. Plus, in French, it sounds more like Coo-Coo rather than Co-Co. In any case, it seems like a fun song to listen to.
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

vancouverois wrote:"Coco" is an affectionate nickname given to a male pet, female is cocotte.
Not sure if it is the tune JimRR refers to but here's a link to the song of the movie Coco Chanel.
(Lyrics: Baumaine and Blondelet, Music: Deransart)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3R3CknU7zc
A MALE PET :tears: you have really burst my bubble. Maybe I'll have to change Co-Co's name to Cocotte!!!

Aside from that I am also impressed with your ability to locate the actual song... that is great.

Now... I'll take a little time off from learning to play guitar and learn French so I can interpret the song and then I'll learn how to transcribe the song into tab so I can play it, then I'll get back to guitar so I can learn how to play that little ditty. I should have it posted to the blues room by 2020 :nuts:
- Henry Ford
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Golfxzq
Bon Chance .....mes amis !! :thumbsup:
I think I'd just rename the geetar !! :D
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Golfxzq wrote: A MALE PET :tears: you have really burst my bubble. Maybe I'll have to change Co-Co's name to Cocotte!!!

Aside from that I am also impressed with your ability to locate the actual song... that is great.

Now... I'll take a little time off from learning to play guitar and learn French so I can interpret the song and then I'll learn how to transcribe the song into tab so I can play it, then I'll get back to guitar so I can learn how to play that little ditty. I should have it posted to the blues room by 2020 :nuts:
My apologies, I didn't want to hurt your feelings :sad:
I am not sure if there is a need to rename your guitar, Coco sounds good and is really affectionate in French.
Jan 15th 2007
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

No problem... no hurt feelings. I still like Co-Co. Besides, I was thinking of the chocolate when I cam up with the name, not of the Haute couture icon.
- Henry Ford