Yamaha APX-5LA

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Yamaha APX-5LA

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Cause : G.A.S.
Excuse : Want to have a lefthanded accoustic at my son's place so we can play together every now and then :)
Sound Demo : http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13232649
Recording setup : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3559#p22739
(bad) Photos
apx-5la (2) small.jpg
apx-5la (2) small.jpg (79.26 KiB) Viewed 12310 times
apx-5la small.jpg
apx-5la small.jpg (37.25 KiB) Viewed 12310 times
Whattayathink ?
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
fenson

Re: Yamaha APX-5LA

Post by fenson »

Hi HBL,

Nice One! But I cant listen anything from soundclick anymore... fortunatly when you post to https://app.box.com and/or soundcloud... sound comes back !
(My own choice... Running Linux I don't install anymore flashplayer)

Happy jamin with son!
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Hi. The song is on soundcloud to. Just search for halfblindlefty there. :cool:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Another good demo of a well set up sound system and some rather tasty acoustic guitar sounds and playing. :thumbsup:

Another example too of how an acoustic guitar doesn't need a solid top to make good sounds. It's a very popular guitar and if anyone can make it sound like this I can see why! Though I have a feeling that you could make any guitar sound good!

I envy you the fact that your son has gone in for playing music too - being able to play music together is great.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
fenson

Post by fenson »

Sounds good :cool:

So much beautiful music there :clap:
A special :clap: :clap: :clap: for "Leaving space", just love it :thumbsup:

:beer:
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Oh my god - I was trying to record something (speakers turned open) when I opend the link, and I'm really blown away by this sound.
Even with my cheap PC speakers it sounds as if you're setting next to me. Plus the right notes at the right places. Wonderful. :pray:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote:Another good demo of a well set up sound system and some rather tasty acoustic guitar sounds and playing. :thumbsup:

Another example too of how an acoustic guitar doesn't need a solid top to make good sounds. It's a very popular guitar and if anyone can make it sound like this I can see why! Though I have a feeling that you could make any guitar sound good!

I envy you the fact that your son has gone in for playing music too - being able to play music together is great.
Got to agree on the wood part VB. Even accoustic this Guitar sounds amazing, nice and warm. Playing is smooth to.
You make your guitar sound as good. No doubt about that !

My son is playing ever since his early teens. He moved into an appartment of his own after 4 years of living in a single rented room, so now we have the option to sit together here or there :)
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

fenson wrote:Thanks :D
Sounds good :cool:

So much beautiful music there :clap:
A special :clap: :clap: :clap: for "Leaving space", just love it :thumbsup:

:beer:
IF
Thanks man :)

Yeah leaving spaces, one of those single take recordings I'll never to be able to play nearly the same. :tears:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

12bar wrote:Oh my god - I was trying to record something (speakers turned open) when I opend the link, and I'm really blown away by this sound.
Even with my cheap PC speakers it sounds as if you're setting next to me. Plus the right notes at the right places. Wonderful. :pray:
:high5: Thanks Gerd, Mojo made me surprise you :away:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:
VikingBlues wrote:Another good demo of a well set up sound system and some rather tasty acoustic guitar sounds and playing. :thumbsup:

Thank you VB

Got to agree on the wood part VB. Even accoustic this Guitar sounds amazing, nice and warm. Playing is smooth to.
You make your guitar sound as good. No doubt about that !

My son is playing ever since his early teens. He moved into an appartment of his own after 4 years of living in a single rented room, so now we have the option to sit together here or there :)
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

How did I miss this thread?

You play good and sound of the guitar is warm and round. Penetrating without being intrusive. A good guitar, simply.