Fishman triple play

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

Fishman triple play

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I wonder if anyone in this forum has some experience of the wireless synth system Fishman triple play ?? I am somewhat confused by all who wish to promote the system. What I want is what users say about it impartially.

Does it really work with any DAW ?

You can have a look at a paper regarding the Fishman triple play here, if you like. To me it seams to good to be thru but I'm a pesimist, as you know by now.
http://www.thomann.de/se/cat_musicradar ... &ar=310144

Thank's.
VikingBlues

Re: Fishman triple play

Post by VikingBlues »

Probably is too good to be true! If it is able to "work with any DAW" they've performed a miracle!

I haven't seen it / tries it myself, but I see Amazon has nearly 1 in 5 buyers rating it at 2 and 1 stars which is not suggestive of something wonderful.

Apparently it's a non refundable purchase and you have to register it before you can install or use it. If you then sell it the new buyer has to purchase a code from Fishman to be able to use it at all. This strikes me as sharp practice. The process of getting it onto the computer as there are no DVDs in the package involves much downloading (something like 11 Gb) and time taken registering each individual part of the product.

I've seen problems about being able to install it physically with pathetic suggestions from the maker to get it to work like "you need to raise the bridge". Yeah right - that's such a good idea ... right up there with sticking the fingers in an electric socket. I get the impression from what I've read that product support is the usual poor level of current times.

I continue to resist buying anything for my music that involves computer links and software.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Fishman triple play

Post by MichaelRobinson »

VB ............... I believe you. It seems to be too much unsecured cards with downloads and other software. It seems rather that Fishman owns my triple play than I do. So the hassle if something starts fuss with the software that you installed ... !!

I believe you when you say that this thing has got low ratings, so I let it be, and saving my pennies.