New guitar??

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Blindboy

New guitar??

Post by Blindboy »

A buddy of mine has a guitar he wants to sell. I had seen it at our open mics, but have never played it. It looked interesting, so I told him that if he ever wanted to sell it to let me have first bid. He dropped it off at my house on Sunday, I adjusted the truss rod and played it with the band on Monday, and I think I want it!
100_1473.JPG
100_1473.JPG (731.17 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
100_1472.JPG
100_1472.JPG (771.48 KiB) Viewed 5089 times
It is an Epiphone Nighthawk, custom shop reissue. Very versatile, and very playable. I was able to get thick jazzy sounds, Gibson LP type sounds, and Straty neck and neck/middle sounds. I never tried the bridge pickup, but it is coil tapped with a push/pull tone pot. It has a 25.5 scale length and a Gibson style neck. It is also very light.
I really like this guitar... I plan to play it in a few more gigs to make sure. I am trying to sell my BMW motorcycle, and if I can, then I can buy this guitar. If not... I'll se what I can do.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: New guitar??

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm seriously glad I'm not playing enough electric guitar just now to get GAS pangs. I think I could have been in trouble seeing this otherwise. :big_smile:

Had a look at a few demos and the specifications etc - I can see why you're tempted! :drool:

It's like a Les Paul on a diet - which has to be a good thing. It certainly has a very wide tonal pallete - combination of mini HB, SC and HB plus the coil tap for neck and bridge! From what I've heard on the demos it has great clean and low drive tones too.

I look forward to hearing what you can get one to do if you go ahead - good luck! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: New guitar??

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Looks like a great guitar BB.
The only thing I have from a Gibby Nighthawk is the below 90's tshirt I've pinnen to a wall since years. Can't wear it anymore... the wife would get a bit annoyed :naughty: :motz: :naughty:
90's Nighthawk shirt 800.jpg
90's Nighthawk shirt 800.jpg (92.3 KiB) Viewed 5055 times
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....