To buy or not to buy

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

To buy or not to buy

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Now the demons gained a foothold in the heart. This time with the guitar. A damn fine guitar and expensive. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsyYTrS ... freload=10
As low as I can play, I'm not worthy of this guitar. I would like to have it for the quality.
As ed some of you know, I bought myself a gitarsyntheziser. This guitar is designed for this synth.

It is also the status of owning such a guitar, if I understood correctly.

If reason prevails so there will be no guitar. I switch away reason and just make sure that it is a very good guitar I want and save money so I buy it.

I squirm by demons. Buy or not to buy, is the question.
VikingBlues

Re: To buy or not to buy

Post by VikingBlues »

Ahh - those terrible GAS pains! :yikes:

I do sympathise with those feelings you have of not being worthy of that guitar. Very much something I went through with the Lowden - I still have those feelings to some degree but I'm enjoying the experience too much for it to matter. :D

Godin do make very good guitars - and the LGX SA IS a Godin flagship.
I've never played one ... but from what I can hear on line:-
- it is a fine sounding electric guitar,
- it is at the top of the pile of electric guitars that try to sound like acoustics,
- and it's obviously going to work well with the Roland synth stuff, and doesn't need the faffing about trying to fit an add on synth pick up to a standard guitar (which either falls off eventually when the sticky tape gives up or needs holes drilled in your guitar - ouch).

Have you also looked at the Godin XTSA, which seems to have pretty much the same features with about 1/3 of the price knocked off.

Whatever - the price levels of these guitars certainly make for a difficult decision making process. Good luck in working out what to do Michael! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Yes VB.
It's really a craving for this guitar. The question is if I can ever teach me so much guitar art that I think I'm worth it. I have already so many guitars and I have put a pickup for guitar synth on one of the guitars. What attracts is the fine sound which I heard come out of this Godin Guitar.
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

It sounds like a nice one!
The only gripe is that it has a bolt on neck, a pity in this price range.
When it is possible you may want to try before buying.
The difference between a Youtube demo and real life can be huge.
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

vancouverois wrote:It sounds like a nice one!
The only gripe is that it has a bolt on neck, a pity in this price range.
When it is possible you may want to try before buying.
The difference between a Youtube demo and real life can be huge.
Yes. I agree. Neck thru body is better but bolt on neck works to.
No I can't tryy It befor buying but I can send it back if I'm not pleased. That's acording to Swedish law.
Yes. A demo on YT is not same as playing at home. On YT the seller can control the sound so it sound as nice as possible.

I'm in a position where there is war between reason not to buy, and ego and the desire to own and play a good guitar like this. That's the dilemma.
As a guy I knew at one time. He had the choice to buy the guitar or car for the money he had. He bought the guitar and he's very musical so I think he did the right thing. What he now think about this 40 years later, I have no idea. Yes it was a little debauchery.
MichaelRobinson

Now it is close to a purchase. I can not sleep. I have found another Godin guitar that suits me better and is 6300 SEK cheaper than the first one I had in mind.
It's very close I take out my bank card and bought it. You can mix the sounds of it directly into it. It is absolutely incredible. I buy this I do not think I need any more guitar in my entire life.
You can do a lot with it, combined with its ability to mix it with itself and with the guitar synthesizer

This is the link to Godin xtSA, if you is interested. http://www.gear4music.se/sv/Gitarr-bas/ ... -Flame/B8M
MichaelRobinson

I will not buy. I use the pickup and gear that's mounted on a ordernary guitar.