Computer interface

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

Computer interface

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Look what I found !!

For those of you who have Roland GR 55 Guitar Synthesizers maybe this computer interface is something to consider.

I'm considering buying the black variant of the GR. I'm very insecure because my music knowledge is so small so I might not get the slightest advantage of this thing. Perhaps it will be EXPENSIVE thing left lying collecting dust. Hard to make decisions. http://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/
Last edited by MichaelRobinson on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
MichaelRobinson

Re: Computer interface

As usual, I could not resist. I have ordered Roland RG 55, the black model. Now it remains to see if I can use the gadget.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Good luck with the GR55 Michael! :thumbsup:

I think it's one of those things (like it is with a lot of guitar things) that you either get on with or you don't. If you do get on with it it'll certainly give you a wide and varied selection of sounds and can be very useful as a creative tool. If it's the same as guitar synths I've tried you;ll need to remember to be quite precise in your playing as it'll pick up any mishit strings as notes you want play and bending of notes can produce unforseen and very strange sounds!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Yes VB ......
I have always believed that this thing is extremely vulnerable to appropriation and lose errors becomes a strange sound, as you say.
For that I'll get something out of this thing, I am forced to learn scales and chords manipulation. It will be the hard part. I have very poor discipline and a very low level of motivation. Not to speak of the little theory I can and must improve on. Not too It will be a struggle, I know, if I'll get any benefit from this machine.
Perhaps a schedule that I follow slavishly would work. It's the only way I can think of to push me forward and eventually get routine practice.

I thank you for wishing me good luck.

Take care, VB