How does it sound in youre ears ?

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

How does it sound in youre ears ?

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hey guys.

This is not at all planned. My life is unplanned because I do not know from hour to hour how I feel.

This time, I could not help but try to play with the microphone through my Bugera V22 (Valve Amplifier I bought, if you remember). All distortion comes from the Woodo guitar and from the Bugera. No distortion is added as FX.
EDIT; The Bugera is in reverbmode, so some FX is added.

I like the sound quite well. Maybe a little sharp.

What do you like to hear this ? Opinions about the sound are welcome. There are certainly some useful information anyone has to share when it comes to magic with the sound in this way.

Don't mind my playing. It's the sound that's count this time, if you pleas.

download/file.php?id=2918

MR
Attachments

Black magic woman dist.mp3 - (2.98 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Re: How does it sound in youre ears ?

Post by 12bar »

The sound is connected with your playin' - very Santana-like. A bit sharp, but good for that song. Maybe a little more bass will make it more complete, the distortion is just right. :thumbsup:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:The sound is connected with your playin' - very Santana-like. A bit sharp, but good for that song. Maybe a little more bass will make it more complete, the distortion is just right. :thumbsup:
I would agree with all of that and can think of nothing else to add. :thumbsup:

Though I'm not speaking with much knowledge as I don't listen to a lot of Santana as he has too much o/d for my personal preference.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

12bar wrote:The sound is connected with your playin' - very Santana-like. A bit sharp, but good for that song. Maybe a little more bass will make it more complete, the distortion is just right. :thumbsup:
Yes. you are right. It's to sharp to be listneable, so to speek. I will have in mind to add more bass and kill de sharp edges. As it is now, it's not good for the ears if one play loud.

Take care, 12bar.
MichaelRobinson

Yes VB.

Santana has a sharp sound of his guitar and a lot of feedback through the sound system. It's a bit much even for me. The endless tone cuts through the air like a knife.