Stuff that make changes

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

Stuff that make changes

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hey, on the ho.

Now I have acquired the strings and plectrums / picks (In Swedish a Pick is a Dick) I want to try out. Flat-wound strings. Various plectrum / picks.

Wondering how Hagstrom Viking Deluxe sounds with Jazz Strings? It's an interesting thing to find out but first I'll wear out the strings that sits on. It becomes very difficult to bend it is certain before I tried.

Way do I say this ? You can't hear the experimental sounds in any way. This could be a selfie, and that's not my style. It's not something we do in my generation and age.

I go...... :away: --->Backdoor, exit.
VikingBlues

Re: Stuff that make changes

Post by VikingBlues »

I suspect the Hagstrom could sound rather good with Jazz strings. It's not a guitar for brash and aggressive sounds, and it's semi acoustic qualities should work well. :thumbsup:

Don't forget I'm biased. My Viking Deluxe gave me half my forum name after all. :cool:

Worth a shot anyway Michael - interested to see what results you might have when it happens.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Re: Stuff that make changes

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Yeah ...... I'm excited about how the Viking will sound but I'll keep my to be patient to the strings attached to the end. It costs some money to change strings, as you know.
If I play loud, I get the guitar to swing with and then it will be long lovely tones, I hope. :think: