Drowning in FX

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Drowning in FX

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

After recovering for a week after a allnighter last weekend, I finally felt like picking up a guitar.
Fired up the Kitty Hawk and plugged in the Artcore.
Set the gmajor up for some chorus, quite some (lenghty) delay and fat, fat reverb.

Played around with some chords and patterns I've been liking for some reason.
It's a bit noisy and lacks some high end.
Somehow it sounds familiar

download/file.php?id=2857
Attachments

drowning fx.mp3 - (4.29 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Drowning in FX

Post by VikingBlues »

Some pleasing sounds from the gmajor. :thumbsup:

Add some other instruments into the mix and I suspect the noisiness would not be noticeable. I could certainly imagine this being the centre of an effective arrangement. :cool:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

A nice noodle HBL
Feels like an introduction to ...Something ?? ...its definately alluding to something more coming ........any moment

I'm hearing echoes of EC's "River of Tears" and expecting the drums to come in any moment and for it to ramp up into a full song.

Reverb HBL :icon_whoknows: .............never thought I hear you extolling the virtues of Reverb ..and not just any ordinary reverb either ...but "Fat" Fat Reverb ........Suits you sir !!

:thumbsup: :lol:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

A new sound from HBL - as said before, add some heavy lead and it will be perfect! :dance:
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:Reverb HBL :icon_whoknows: .............never thought I hear you extolling the virtues of Reverb ..and not just any ordinary reverb either ...but "Fat" Fat Reverb ........Suits you sir !!

Given my own leanings I wasn't going to mention reverb HBL, but ..... :tease:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

VikingBlues wrote:Some pleasing sounds from the gmajor. :thumbsup:

Add some other instruments into the mix and I suspect the noisiness would not be noticeable. I could certainly imagine this being the centre of an effective arrangement. :cool:
:) Thanks VB, It may be the beginning of something, but certainly very premature
Strummer07 wrote:A nice noodle HBL
Feels like an introduction to ...Something ?? ...its definately alluding to something more coming ........any moment

I'm hearing echoes of EC's "River of Tears" and expecting the drums to come in any moment and for it to ramp up into a full song.

Reverb HBL :icon_whoknows: .............never thought I hear you extolling the virtues of Reverb ..and not just any ordinary reverb either ...but "Fat" Fat Reverb ........Suits you sir !!

Thanks, may be a beginning, yes but no rivvers of tears for this one.
Ghehe the reverb was on purpose :haha:
12bar wrote:A new sound from HBL - as said before, add some heavy lead and it will be perfect! :dance:
Gotta make guitar playing exiting and all new at times, thanks Gerd. On the bottom of this post you find a very sluggish try to play some lead lines.
VikingBlues wrote:
Strummer07 wrote:Reverb HBL :icon_whoknows: .............never thought I hear you extolling the virtues of Reverb ..and not just any ordinary reverb either ...but "Fat" Fat Reverb ........Suits you sir !!

Given my own leanings I wasn't going to mention reverb HBL, but ..... :tease:
:rofl: :rofl: Thought so rVB, I do use quite some reverb at times to have a standing wall to play against. I just don't record those thingies.

Oke, Gerd made me think... Today I sat down, fetched the Avion and picked an existing heavy lead setting. switched off the reverb on Cybie, only to add the Gmajor again.
One take, one try so it may be not all to perfect.

Meet Drowning FX ll

download/file.php?id=2858

yeah, you did hear right, you heard me tapping a single higher note a couple of times... that's all I can manage right now :icon_whoknows:
Attachments

drowning fx_ll.mp3 - (4.29 MiB)

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

That was exactly what I thougt - wonderful, screaming notes, sliding, tapping, legato playing - a big step into a new world! :clap: :banana:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Thanks Gerd

I'm not yet to pleased, but I have done worse :) Somehow it works
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Thanks Gerd

I'm not yet to pleased, but I have done worse :) Somehow it works
Works very well. Heavily overdriven, but still melodic and musical - a tricky balancing act done with style. :clap: :clap:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I already noodled a bit to it, it is somehow infectious... :music2:
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Gerd, just noodle yourself into a recording session. Love to hear something from you again :)

Thanks VB !!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Hans.

It's a little U2 over these notes. Not much but a little.

I do not mind that you have so much FX. To my ears so hovering tones from your guitar when playing lead. I like it......... :dance:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Gerd, just noodle yourself into a recording session. Love to hear something from you again :)

Thanks VB !!
Well, yesterday I loaded it to Sonar and started playing. But then there was the 1:0 and there was no more time to play - too many shots and goals. :chicken: :lol: