After years of a loving relationship...

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

After years of a loving relationship...

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:banana:

While posting in another forum, I stumbled over it.... my beloved Tokai got her name :drool: :oldie:

First lady

A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Re: After years of a loving relationship...

Post by Blindboy »

And what a lovely Lady she is... :thumbsup:
None of mine have names (well...except for the FrankenStrat, and that's more of a title).
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
LeftyBlues

Post by LeftyBlues »

I name mine based on their finish. I've got Brownie (Sunburst Strat) and Cherry (Epi Dot). I think it works well :D .
Jim

Post by Jim »

Cool name Hans! :thumbsup:

that's quite fitting that beautiful lady!

I have all my guitars named (well, you know GOLDIE - my one and only EC sig strat that is #1 to me (shh.. don't let the other geetars hear! :O ), and I changed the name of my Goldtop Les Paul Deluxe to "Les" (how original I know... but it WANTED to have that name in honor of the passing of the great man it was named after by Gibson - it's original name of "Larkie" never really HIT me as befitting it anyway, my original Yamaha FG-180 Acoustic is "Jamie" (since I got it in college and that's what they started calling me in college for whatever unknown reason and it just stuck with my college friends), BUT.. my new Acoustic/Electric Epiphone DR-200CE - so far... although I really enjoy playing it, it has great action and projection/tone, built-in tuner along with the volume/tone/phase.. (eSonic sound system - preamp) - it just hasn't "told" me it's name yet, if you know what I mean. Actually "Goldie" was the only name that - well there could NOT be another name for it, even though my LP Goldtop actually has more "gold" on it, it just WAS, it HAD to be Goldie, it spoke to me as "Goldie" and it it MADE me MAKE it from the White and chrome very classy, Hendrix at Woodstock-like look, to all chrome/nickel changes to gold plated (except the frets, which I ain't touching for ANYTHING! Actually the neck is SO perfect on it and plays so .. just RIGHT and fast and smooth like butter, that someone should - MUST - shoot me if I am ever stupid enough to mess in ANY way with that neck! It's perfect, yet the ONLY part with no gold on it, until we get to the headstock. WELL - actually, the plate at the back holding the neck to the body I had custom made and engraved for me in GOLD plate, and that sort of is a peripheral neck part.. CLOSE ENOUGH! :D

But, I will let you know if a name ever comes to me for the Epiphone, but "First Lady" is WONDERFUL!!! :thumbsup: CONGRATULATIONS and may you have many more years of HBL perfect tone with it!

Jim
My driving philosophy about making music is that you can reduce it all down to one note if that note is played with the right kind of sincerity.
- Eric Clapton, interview 1974

James V. Signorile, ASCAP
(Court Jester)
http://jamessignorile.com
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

I guess I'm not so imaginative.....mine are
- the strat
- the tele
- the brown one
- the blue one
- the white one
- etc.

Maybe that's why our 'relationships' aren't better than what they are! :lol:
Jim

Post by Jim »

LzyOldFrt wrote:I guess I'm not so imaginative.....mine are
- the strat
- the tele
- the brown one
- the blue one
- the white one
- etc.

Maybe that's why our 'relationships' aren't better than what they are! :lol:
Well, I think there's nothing wrong with whatever names you want to use... but *maybe* the guitar named "the brown one" is sort of thinking that you're referring to it with a name that refers to ANOTHER "brown" thing that I won't name on this forum, but it's a "Stinky" name, if you get my "drift" :D Just kidding! But other than that - NO PROBLEMO!! (Just change "the brown one" to something more like "Brownie" which worked fine for Eric when he did Layla with it!)

Jim
My driving philosophy about making music is that you can reduce it all down to one note if that note is played with the right kind of sincerity.
- Eric Clapton, interview 1974

James V. Signorile, ASCAP
(Court Jester)
http://jamessignorile.com
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I used to have names for some of my guitars but they're not printable! :lol:

I think the two I use most now have not been with me long enough to get to know what their names should be. My Tokai is very young and the character is probably still developing - maybe a name will become more obvious in the future. I know some people call their Hagstrom a "Hag" but I don't think it's quite respectful enough. :naughty:

I can understand how a beautiful vintage guitar like "The First Lady" needs a name, and it's a good match. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I have no names for my other guitars than Epi, Greg B, Stagg,
The only other "thing" that has a name -sort of- is Cybie, the Cybertwin :amp:

First lady is about 26 years of age, and my first real leftie .... Ohee Gerd... why don't we have a leftie guitarplaying smiley :wave:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

Ohee Gerd... why don't we have a leftie guitarplaying smiley :wave:
Hey! Didn't I say that a couple of months ago????

:whistle:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Animated or static?
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Animated if there is on in existence :drool:

Your too good for us :oldie:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:lefty:
LzyBlue

Post by LzyBlue »

All too cool !!! Kinda looks like HBL too !
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:lefty: YEAH :dance: :banana: Thanks Gerd

now we can : :music2: :lefty: :music2: :lefty:
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

I finally named my sunburst Strat VG after 5-6 different names! I named my Strat "Lolita", which was actually my cousin's idea, because I wanted a girl's name for my strat, but a cool one. Lolita just seems to have a nice ring to it!

My 2004 Fender Toronado is named "Winston", which I thought was a good name for it. My Ibanez Joe Satriani 1200 is named "Andromeda", after the constellation. Lolita, Winston, and Andromeda! I wanted to make sure that my names were fairly unique!

I think I succeeded!

HBL,

That Tokai looks like a very nice guitar! What does it play like compared to a regular Strat?

Cheers,

Jack
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

The Tokai plays like a dream and can hold itself when being compared to other stats, including Fenders. But.... It is a bit like with marriage.
You tend to get more forgiving about the minor issues when the relationship lasts for years and years. You do notice the beautiful, flashy awesome looking and sounding younger ones, but still stay with what you know is good
To you my partner may seem nice.... to me she's perfect including her issues. Anyway she has me to put up with :motz:

I never touched a strat that really got me to the point of ttrading my first lady :lefty:
wildwood

Post by wildwood »

A few years ago my teenage sons bought me a Red ESP LTD H250 for my 50th birthday. I named that one "my favorite".

The blues won't get you to heaven but it'll drop you at the front door.
DetroitBlues

Post by DetroitBlues »

I kept mine simple:

2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Ebony- Name: Ebony
2007 Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat in Olympic White- Name: Oliva
2002 Ibanez Performance Acoustic in Ebony with creme binding- Name-Creme'

Any more thought then that, I'll have to stop playing to think about it....
weelie

Post by weelie »

LeftyBlues wrote:I name mine based on their finish. I've got Brownie (Sunburst Strat) and Cherry (Epi Dot). I think it works well :D .
My red strat I called Ms. Ketchup and my butterscotch tele Mr. Mustard. Well, online i called them that, in actual reality, didn't need to call them, they behaved very well and stayed in their stands, they did "call" me though.
Sydney

Post by Sydney »

Im new here........ but

mine get

"the twelve" for my Maton 12 String acoustic
"the old one" for my 1970 Fender acoustic
"Al" for the Alvarez acoustic
and "Dobby" for my unbranded but oh so sweet sounding and jealousy creating Resonator

will pose them up and get a photo done

yep all acoustics but all a lot easier to drag out at a moments notice to jam, especially in campgrounds

cheers everyone

I'm tired of runnin' around,
think I will marry and settle down
This ole sportin' life,
it is a mean life, and it's killin' me