lapsteel project finaly finished.

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
ElMano

lapsteel project finaly finished.

Post by ElMano »

I start this building in may 2011 but it was never finished because i build a lot of other things i want to have ore asked for.

A few days ago a friend and awesome blues player ask me about the Elm "SEARS" lapsteel so i promised to finished it for him because he want to make a podium act whit it. an here is so far. I have to connect the pick up and the pots. Mounted the tuners, en file in the top nut.
Then she is ready to do some swampy, screaming roots blues

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
ElMano

Re: lapsteel project finaly finished.

Post by ElMano »

Just for the looks :cool: The M from Micha! Who is gonna play this thing on stage and the ELM logo (El Mano's Low budget Manufacturing)

I have ordered the pots and jack. to connect the Pup and pots.

12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Again a great piece of work. :clap:
You use a classical headstock for steel strings?
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Indeed 12 bar I used the slotted headstock for lapsteels and so. 1e the tuners are cheep and extreme strong because they are locked on two points. The nylon stift's are strong enough to hold for a couple of years. I build a Melobar Skreemr and did a slotted headstock on that one to. But there i mounted normal tuners sidewards. This is a build that i start in 2011 and i have a lot of thing i do different these day's. But i put in the electronic stuff today and tested the lapsteel.
I must say that i have my droughts but all the idea's i put in worked out well So there is a steel rod inside that is on tension like a trussrod and the sustain is almost endless! The position of the Pick up is excellent The sound of pitch pine body and maple top and bottom produce a warm an fat sound The tone design ( 250 log pot whit a 47 Nf cap gives a variation from screeming high to fat Fenderisch neck pup. Monday the owner come to me to pick 'm up.
I will try to made some sound samples .
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Looks great Elmano, can't wait to hea some samples.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

This morning the new owner of the ELM lapsteel (named SEARS after the building) I made a couple of clips whit the digital photo camera for the sound
The new owner is Micha Sprenger of the semi accoustic Duo The Damned and the Dirty

http://www.thedamnedanddirty.com/

I don't know how to upload the video clips over here but you can watch them on my facebook page if you like https://www.facebook.com/elmano.baxter?ref=tn_tnmn
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Nice......... :clap: :thumbsup: