Bugera V22

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
MichaelRobinson

Bugera V22

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Now, guys, I've ordered a tube amp. Now it remains to hear if I can find the sound I'm looking for or is this purchase a waste of money?

It's a small amp, Bugera V22. The idea is that I should use the mic to input further into the Line6 Pod X3 Pro ->computer and the DAW.

Still to hear how it sound, as I said. Keep your fingers crossed that it works................ :fingerscrossed:
tytlblues

Re: Bugera V22

Post by tytlblues »

Hello Mr, it looks like a great little Class A tube amp......if you are not used to playing through an amp, give it some time! You will need to take some time to try your different guitars, and amp setting for each. Tube amps are funny creatures!....small changes in volume and drive can have big impact on the tone you are looking for. Also, recording method is just something you will have to experiment with! Plenty of info on the web for micing and recording amps.

Good luck, and have fun!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Agreed - just as Tytl says.

On the microphone recording the difference in tone of the recording caused by quite small changes in distance from the speaker and how near the centre or edge of the speaker cone the microphone is can be hugely different.
JR2YxmsUVKM

Good luck with the amp - hope it works for you! :fingerscrossed:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Thanks, guys
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Congratulations! I have heard good things about these amps.
As Tytlblues said, try different settings and guitars. I'll bet you can find some sounds that you like.
Looking forward to hearing some samples when you do. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi Michael
The Bugera V22 seems to be a 22W all tube combination of VOX AC15 and Peavey Classic 50.
It has all the controls of Classic 50 plus "top boost"/bright input of a AC 15.
Very similar in build-up as my KLD 30H top (a Classic 50 clone with 4 EL 84 power tubes).
With 22 "tube" Watt output it is not a "small" amp in sound level , even in the 11W triode mode it will be very loud.
/Kalle
Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
MichaelRobinson

Kalle.

It is possible that there will be high sound pressure from Bugeran but the effect is small in comparison to what I have now. Now I have a PA at 4ohms load gives an effect on the 2X150 W.
So maybe one can adjust bugeran so it sounds good but not freaking neighbors. It remains to hear.

Michael
Kalle

Post by Kalle »

Hi Michael
After a research on internet I have found lots of info about the Bugera V22 (and V55) including schematics.
The V22 is a close copy of a Peavey Classic 50 with a 2 EL84 20-22 W power amp.
In most respect very similar to my KLD GT30 (4 EL84 = 30-40 W).
Therefore I believe that you will be very satisfied.
/ Kalle
PS for your info , the V55 has also pre-amp and tone control design from Peavey Classic 50 but a Power amp ( and phase inverter) from Fender with 2 6L6 tubes.
Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ system) steelstring Dreadnought
Yamaha RBX 270 bass guitar with Laney DB150 amp.
Yamaha RGX 320 electric guitar with Egnator Tweaker tube amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden
MichaelRobinson

Thanks Kalle.

Feeling a little more confident that I ordered the right amp. It has not yet arrived from Thomann.de. Secure I become well efterer some tweaking on the controls
MichaelRobinson

Old men. Now I have and tried Bugeran. It sounds good and is easy to get the sound as you want. Finally a successful purchase.

So now remains to record with the mic and that can get a little worse to get to it even though I have a very good mic. but right now I lie low and take one day at a time. Because I have been told that my mother died and I myself have been in the hospital for my mother's death was the last straw that made me break down totally. Lay low and pushes me not
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I hope better days will come. Maybe the music will help you.

It's a bit quiet here at the moment, which happens a lot to internet forums after a while. To a certain amount it's my fault, I should spend more time here, discussing, recording and uploading. But, sometimes life doesn't allow this...
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I too am very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

To be frank, it is extremely difficult to grieve and move on after the horrid upbringing my parents gave me. My upbringing is brutal and harsh in a dysfunctional family.

Nowadays we have all come to and we children have no contact with each other.
We children have been badly treated without empathy from some parents. It is extremely hard to realize that I have become mentally ill from the treatment I received as a child.
MichaelRobinson

Actually, I would not upload this trash. Just want to demonstrate how the Bugera V22 may sound and it is not the top of this recording

download/file.php?id=2696
Attachments

Sound of Bugera.mp3 - (3.51 MiB)

12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

At least you still can play the Blues, and the Bugera has a lot of power. :clap:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

Hey MR...sounds fabulous!!! both the amp and your playing man!! Still can't believe how much you improve between my check in's!!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King