New Amp!!!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
Blindboy

New Amp!!!

Post by Blindboy »

A while back I mentioned a modified Blues Jr that I was road testing. It is a DeaconBlues special, with a different transformer, 6v6 tubes and some other mods to make it respond the way I like. Back in August, at one of our gigs just before my birthday, my wife asked DeaconBlues and all the other guitar players there to tell me that the amp sounded funny and DB needed to take it home and check it out. A few days later, on my birthday, she talked me into meeting her at our friends house, and there sat the amp. Turns out, there was nothing wrong with the amp, she had bought it for my birthday and also acquired a Celestion G-12 speaker to put into it. It is now a little heavier (still lighter than any of my other amps) and sounds KILLER!
I guess I need to sell one of my other amps... Don't really have room for five. :roll: Looks like the ProSonic has to go... Maybe I'll try E-bay.
Will post up some sound clips of the new BJ sometime soon. :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Re: New Amp!!!

Post by VikingBlues »

It's wonderful how our loved ones can engineer this sort of surprise! Nice one. :cool:

Look forward to hearing some clips in the future. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Well .... Where did you become well pleasantly surprised, I guess. Good luck with the search for what you want.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

She got you in a great way :)
Would it help if I let my wife read your post... mhhhhh
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

HalfBlindLefty wrote:Would it help if I let my wife read your post... mhhhhh
:lol:
I am pretty lucky~ :cool:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"