Post by 12bar »

That's a no-go - I'd say quality control failed! :yikes: :naughty:
Send the photo or link to Fender!
VikingBlues

Re: I like a little wine, but not sure I like a little whine

Post by VikingBlues »

12bar wrote:That's a no-go - I'd say quality control failed! :yikes: :naughty:
Send the photo or link to Fender!
I sent Fender Service UK the photo as soon as I'd found the damage. They e-mailed back very quickly to say they had ordered up a couple of replacement knobs for me. Seems they don't have any in stock at UK service centre.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

So sorry to hear that the X2 is a dissapointment to you. I was afraid that would happen, but there was nothing you could do to prevent it from replacing the SC
I guess the SC may become something like a collectable item.

Why don't you try to advertise it as a 1 to 1 trade for the older SC on the web. You are a Bluesman, so it's obvious you'll like the tone and options on the older one. A youngster might be thrilled to trade.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I had suspicions I might have problems with the X2 - certainly the demos I'd seen of it didn't attract me in the same way as XD demos had. :sad:

I did have a further play around with the X2 last night, and started to get some tones that were more to my liking. Though the settings of controls for each voice seem far more sensitive - a small adjustment can make things much better or worse whereas with the XD I could use a wide range of settings on a voice that would all sound good. Seems I need the volume and gain control settings much higher too on the X2 - so maybe it's a quieter 15W than the XDs 15W. :icon_whoknows:

Interesting thought on the 1:1 swap idea - hadn't occurred to me - thanks for the suggestion. I will think on it! :think:

I'm also thinking maybe it's time I bite the bullet and go for a real blues amp. :aha:

EDIT:
Later today - tried the X2 v the VibroChamp XD, which has been gathering dust in a cupboard since getting the SuperChamp XD. An instructive test. The pure singing quality of the XD brand that I love was immediately apparent - the X2 just doesn't seem to have that and it sounds a bit like it has a cold. Rather similar to my feelings about the sounds of my recent Gibson SG. Seems like another example of how the sounds I like are not catered for in the gear that is coming out just now.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!