Linear Conchord

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
crispblues

Linear Conchord

Post by crispblues »

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum so thought id say hello!! :)

I have just aquired a 1960's Linear Conchord 30 watt valve head with original Mullard Valves!! There doesnt seem to be too much information on the web about these, has anyone had one or knows anything about these? I have seen a post on here saying its a poor mans AC30 but thats about it :)

Once ive had it serviced ill post up a track so you can hear it :)

Thanks

Jas
MichaelRobinson

Re: Linear Conchord

Post by MichaelRobinson »

:welcome: Jas from Sweden
losaavedra

Post by losaavedra »

Hi there ... welcome to 12bar from Spain.
I had a Linear Concord from new in the '60s and used it for over 60 gigs without a single problem. Loud enough for any venue. We did pubs, dance halls, hotel ballrooms, village halls, clubs, the speedway stadium and so on. I was feeding it into a single 12" ... managed to blow the cone on one of those with it (so got a tougher one!) but otherwise completely trouble free. I'd get another one of them if I found one cheap enough, even today. In my opinion a good basic tube amp with plenty of punch. Enjoy it!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: to the forum Jas. :D

Sorry - don't know about the Concord, but that's an encouraging post from Losaavedra about it. At the price of Vox AC30s I think my only option ever would be a poor mans version! :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
crispblues

Post by crispblues »

Thanks for the welcoming replies!

It does sound a promising find then! Im all the more excited to plug the strat into her now. All to do now is build the cab to go with it!!