ElMano

Re: Building a 59 Les Paul replica

Post by ElMano »

I drilled some holes and so :think:

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

A short holiday in France, and the build of an CBG while i was waiting for the parts i order, give me the change to think about a solution for the short shafts (10 mm total) and the thick (15 mm) top. I know how PRS did it. And this is what i came up with.

ElMano

Post by ElMano »

The holes for the strings are a little to far backwards, so the strings are not press the steel bar in the body. Therefore i cut out a 5 mm of wood and lower the angel of the string. To cover the spot i have the idea to made a kind of ashtray like the old school telecaster but more fluent .

The first was in my opinion a bit to short and i don't like the shape after all So i started an other one.
After sanding it's gonna be polished like all the other parts. In the meanwhile the neck is sprayed 2 times and stat looks good. I am still not sure if i gonna use the logo.

ElMano

Post by ElMano »

While the body of the five string bass is drying in the clamps i found the time to measure and drill the bridge holes, the last thing to do before spraying the first layer.
I put two tuners in the headstock, and tension a small rope like strings put the bridge under the two rope's (both E positions) measure the bridge position (top nut fret slot 12e fret - fret slot 12e to bridge plus 3 mm on the low E side backwards) Fits perfect! still 2 layers to go on the body and then glue the neck at the body and spray a couple of time again sanding polish etc. I looking forwards build on the hardware :chicken:

12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

INCREDIBLE! :pray:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

WOW, incredibly is the word! Can't wait to hear you play blues sample on the finished guitar :high5:
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

The Wiring is in the guitar, all the hardware is mounted. There are 3 frets witch are a little bit to high on the E and A # 18,19, and 20 that i have to file down an bit.
But it don't need to flatted all. This is the first fretboard i build that is 95% good all ready.
The sound acoustic is pretty clear, and bright. As far as i could hear there is a lot of sustain and i an curious what it sounds whit the Pick Ups (i took of the golden covers) Had to shop for 3 small screw's for the trussrod cover. I lost them ore never order them :yawn:
Anyway This is what it looks right now.
Sound samples will follow as soon i get the PUP's fired up :oldie: ( I bought a audio Interface and a version of CUbase last month)

2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

:eye_rub: Man !!!!! thats looking good !!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Today the last small things are done. The pick ups are connected in '57 style! And the frets are fine tuned. The sound is amazing, the neck is shaped for my hands only. This is the first guitar i can use for chords for a longer time whit out pain! The spacing is "normal" 43 mm on the top nut and 55 mm at the bridge. But the space at he sides en both E strings is + 2 mm So the guitar feels like a classic Spanish guitar. I have been playing for a couple of hours now to get used to the experimental shape. If i don't like it it is quit simple to reshape it and sand of the side space down to "normal"
I gonna put some sound samples over here. I can assure you it sound like it looks Spectacular :chicken:
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Congrats El Mano, this is an incredible work you've done! :clap: :clap:
Can't wait to hear the samples!! :dance: :dance:
Jan 15th 2007
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

If it sounds half as good as it looks it'll still sound magnificent! :pray: :pray:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!