Clip of New Taylor 412CE

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
BadBluesPlayer

Clip of New Taylor 412CE

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

I'm all excited because me and my buddy got a Zoom R16 digital recorder and we finally can make some decent quality recordings. We recorded our garage band and it sounded great.

I got a chance to record an acoustic track with my new Taylor 412CE and it sounds great. It has a pickup system that really sounds outstanding. I recorded the guitar both with an SM57 on one track and ran the electronics from the guitar through my Fander VibroChamp (which has an acoustic voicong option) and out the direct out from the back of the amp into another input. So i was able to record with both the mic and the electronics. They both sounded fine except that the SM57 picks up the vocals a little. The track I ended up mixing is from the electronics.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9298658
Blindboy

Re: Clip of New Taylor 412CE

Post by Blindboy »

:clap: :clap: Sweet! The new Taylor sounds great and so does your singing. (I wish I could sing :wall: ) This is a very nice piece.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Great stuff BBP ....every note is as clear as a bell, lovely tone.
Also like the very sparse arrangment ... just picking a few notes to punctuate the song.works really well and gives much more space than a Strummed approach would.
Is it straight finger picking ?? .......I don't think.....it doesn't seem to be a a recognisable pattern ?? it must be some sort of hybrid bass /pick ??? :icon_whoknows:
do tell ... works well tho :thumbsup:

Good vocals too .......... Let us know next time your buying !! :beer:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Very Sweet indeed. :clap: :clap:

Good song, nice singing, and good acoustic playing - I like the arrangement too. I admire your courage in not hiding your voice / playing behind a lot of sound / fx. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
HoochieCoochieMan

Post by HoochieCoochieMan »

Classy.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:yikes: Man that's like Frankyboy singin the Blues - superb voice (guitar, too, sure). Very melancholic.
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

BBP - how very excellent!!!

I was hearing it right in the class of songs that include "That's Life" and "One Scotch, One Bourbon, One Beer" and many others.

Super job.
BadBluesPlayer

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

Thank you all for complimenting me on my vocals - I run them thru a PA head that adds a little reverb. I call it the Frank Sinatra machine - it really smooths it out.

I don't really know what kind of style of fingerpicking I use. I just have been recently trying to learn fingerstyle playing - or whatever you call it - there was a post on the old site like 8 months ago about fingerpicking. There are all these good fingerstyle players here on this site and I decided to work harder on it. It got easier once I realized that I can play the same songs and riffs and stuff as when I was using a pick, but just use my fingers instead. I really can't figure out what every finger is doing at any one time, I just do the bass notes with my thumb and pick some random notes with my fingers. As long as I get the bass note right, it seems to sound o.k.

I like the tune - it's some old drinking tune.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Wow, nothing wrong with that... :music2:
Loved your singing btw
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Just got around to listening to your recording BBP... Super job. That sounded very clean, every acoustic note was recorded perfectly and the vocals were just as nice. I really liked the selection... kind of reminded me of a Blues song sung to a Country-beer-drinking theme in a Bob Dylan manner :cool: Cool... I liked it very much!
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

BadBluesPlayer wrote:I call it the Frank Sinatra machine
Funny - that was my first thought :cool:
BadBluesPlayer wrote:I really can't figure out what every finger is doing at any one time, I just do the bass notes with my thumb and pick some random notes with my fingers.
You're already one step ahead! If you start thinking, you'll slow down, if it works naturally - great :dance: