New Amp

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
ratfinkdan

New Amp

Post by ratfinkdan »

I have to admit I'm a bit of a gear slut, I'm always checking out different guitars and amps and pedals. Anyway a couple of weeks ago I got a tech 21
Trademark 30 amp, 30 watts, 10 inch speaker, a really nice sounding reverb and a speaker simulated xlr direct out so you can run it to a PA or a recorder.
The lay out is like their sans amp pedal but in an amp. I'm really liking the tones I'm getting out of this, very nice clean tones and I was able to dial in a very nice slightly overdriven tone that has a really nice singing quality to it. It's not a tube amp but it dose have that tube tone and feel to it, don't think its loud enough to play with a drummer but its great for playing around in the house or recording with. Really having a lot of fun with this amp. I'll post some clips later. Dan
MichaelRobinson

Re: New Amp

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Allways fun with new toys. :beer:
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

GAS....is there no cure :)
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
weelie

Post by weelie »

For some reason I always thought those were too expensive for what they are (not loud enough). It's been a loooong time I tried one, but always felt they were sturdy, good quality unlike some of the competition, though. The cleans, I think, were not as tube like as I wanted. I had a Behringer copy (sans reverb) called GM110, that sounded great. Too bad they don't make those anymore, and I think they had reliability issues (mine didn't).

Now that I am looking for a low-priced and light amp for a coming "jazz" gig, I am looking at "Cub 10" or "Cube 40XL". Both like 1/2 of the TM30. The TM30 I could choose if it was 2nd hand and good price.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

new stuff always motivate in playing
And always nice to find out hou and what

Congrates with it :handshake:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I hadn't heard of this amp - looked it up and I see it's made by the SansAmp pedal guys - I've been very impressed with what I've heard of those pedals.

So I've had a trawl round the internet - there's some demos and soundbytes out there that make me think you've made a good choice for home playing and recording.

Look forward to hearing some clips from you at some point. Congrats on your purchase. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Thanks guys, Yeah tech 21 makes good stuff, I had a tradmark 60 years ago and always liked it, should have kept it but you know how that goes.I bought this one from zounds online and it was a blem so it was marked down about a $100 and I really can't see the blem so it was a good deal. Yeah new toys are always fun! Dan
DeaconBlues

Post by DeaconBlues »

Tech21 makes good stuff. I've owned a few of their pedals and a Trademark 10 amp. I've always thought their amp sims sounded very tube like for SS. I'd like to have a Trademark 60 amp. Never messed with the TM30, though.
That boy ain't right...,

but he's big on the North Sea Coast of Germany.
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Congrats on the new gear!

I love the sound of a good valve amp, but they are not very practical for home use, so a solid-state amp that sounds good for what you want it to do, at reasonable volumes, is a great find!