Rothwell Heartbreaker

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
VikingBlues

Rothwell Heartbreaker

Post by VikingBlues »

Rothwell Heartbreaker
Rothwell Heartbreaker
Heartbreaker2.jpg (36.27 KiB) Viewed 2943 times
Saw one of these up for sale locally - I'd never heard of it. checked it out on-line. Liked what I saw & heard. Scrabbled around selling a few bits of surplus gear. The Heartbreaker was still for sale at the end of that and I snapped it up.

Only had one day to try it so far. Mainly just using it in boost / low gain mode today - but that's how I like to play. Adds an appreciable fullness to the sound with a bit of grit and lets the guitar sound through very well. The wave patterns on my DAW confirm it is letting dynamics of playing through very well.

Now if I could just get back to playing some good music too! :roll:

NOT in the same league as the Diablo that HBLs been using though. And don;t expect an in depth analysis and examples like HBL did on that Okko - I've not got the patience &/or skill for that. Doubtless it will be used in my recordings from now so you'll hear it there. Used as an insert fx in the tonelab LE it gets the tone much more where I want it to be than the on-board OD fx. Much more effecive than either of my budget OD pedals which are much less transparent and much more inclined to compression.

This is what it can sound like in the hands of a good player - I have told myself NOT to expect to get to this level.
0AsonFVqJZM
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!