Huge treble increase

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
leftyslim

Huge treble increase

Post by leftyslim »

Hi everyone,

About two weeks ago I played outside at a friend's school for an arts week they do every year. Afterwards, I brought all my gear home, and I had it in my room for a week before I moved it down the hall to the room where I play (that stuff's heavy!) What I noticed when I started playing, though, was that there a huge increase in treble from what there had been before. I use my Stratocaster, a Deluxe Reverb and an Ibanez TS-9. Before, I usually played with the TS-9's tone and level controls maxed, the bass on my amp on 10, and and treble usually somewhere from 4 to 8, but now I have to keep the amp's treble on 1 or it sounds really harsh.

Anyone know what might have caused this?
"Ayyyyy ayyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyaaaie yaaaaaaie yaaaaaa, yaaa yyie yaaaaie yyaa yyyaaaa"
L. Staley

"And there is no excuse for boredom. I can read and listen to music. How could I ever be bored?"
J. Cunningham
BadBluesPlayer

Re: Huge treble increase

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

Hmmm...

Maybe check without the tubescreamer first. Maybe the tubescreamer isn't working right - maybe it has power issues.

Next, I would try changing out the preamp tubes if you can. It's unlikely to be the problem, but it's easy to check.

I don't know what else you could try.