New Martin Alert!

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
BadBluesPlayer

New Martin Alert!

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

My new 000-28 is on the big brown truck now making the trip from Kansas City to East Tennessee.

:chicken: :banana: :clap: :haha: :high5: :drool: :tease: :lol:

:whistle: :tongue: :fingerscrossed: :beer: :cool: :big_smile:

Stock Photos:
ImageImageImageImage

:peace:
12bar
Site Admin

Re: New Martin Alert!

Post by 12bar »

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:clap: :drool: It is a beauty, I hope she din't get carsick :high5: Wish you lot of fun together guitar_fire::
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:drool: Wow - that's worth waiting for ... hope it gets to you speedily and safely. Enjoy! :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Nice! :drool: I like the 000 Martins.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Hope she arrives safe and sound .... and soon !!

Pics and clips please !! ... :thumbsup:

the 000 Martin ( Pref with an EC prefix ) is about the only guitar that might still cause me Gas problems !! .. someday !!
When that Bank manger is in a good mood or
One day when the Ruddy Stock Market is not plunging again !! :sad:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MojoJim

Post by MojoJim »

I think you're going to love it. Hope it gets there soon and in good shape. :fingerscrossed:

I played a Martin 000-28ec at a Guitar Center about two years before I retired and knew it was the guitar that I wanted. It took a few years before I got the resolve to buy it. I've had it a couple of years now and, even though I'm still just learning to play, I think this is a wonderful guitar. I love just taking it out of its case and holding it. :music1:

I think we may be developing a small community of folks with a Gibson ES-339 and a Martin 000-28. As soon as Strummer springs for the Martin we will have another. :beer:

It will be interesting to see how this guitar sounds in your hands. I really enjoyed your recent posts of you and the band on stage. :clap: :clap: :pray:
BadBluesPlayer

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

:phew:
The guitar arrived yesterday and I played it for a few hours. I'll get pix today if the weather cooperates. The setup is absolutely perfect right out of the box. The action is nice and low, exactly where I like it. I was a little nervous, because one of my students just bought a new 000-18 and the action was really high and I had to do a lot of work on it to get the action down without having to start messing with the saddle.

The top is nice and uniform, with a good flame. The ebony board and bridge are nice and black, not like some of the lighter and striped grades that are turning up on guitars these days. The only thing I was worried about was the grain in the rosewood back. Once in awhile, you'll get a bad one, where there's lousy grain or some funny wavy grain or something. This one is pretty good. Maybe not as nice as I had wished, but good enough.

The neck is very similar in size and shape to my ES-339. But noticeably thinner than my student's 000-18. :think:

It sounds really nice. The only thing is - The rosewood smell is so strong that I have to turn on the fan in my shop to blow the fumes away or else it makes me gag. :lol:

Funny thing, though, is that the nut and saddle are bone, which us pretty normal for this level of guitar, but the bridge pins are plastic, just like on the 000-18. I'm no cork sniffer, but I had to order some Tusq bridge pins for $12.00.

One interesting thing. This guitar came with Martin coated SP strings. I've used the uncoated MSP4100's for years and I can wear through the G string right to the core wire in two or three hours of playing. That means a new set of strings every day if I'm practicing like a nut. But these strings have maybe 3 or 4 hours on them and I'm just starting to notice some wear on them. I'll have to see how these fancy strings work out.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

First off - congrats! :clap:
BadBluesPlayer wrote:... bought a new 000-18 and the action was really high ...
The neck is very similar in size and shape to my ES-339. But noticeably thinner than my student's 000-18...
That's strange because looking at the specs they should be similar except for the material.
( http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/cho ... m&m=000-18 vs http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/cho ... m&m=000-28 )

Wonder if this is a usual variation...
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Congrats she looking lovely :wink:

take her :away: , play and record and let us hear it too :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

VERY NICE !!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Look forward to hearing her in due course. Glad it's a good 'un. :thumbsup:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!