Boss FBM-1 - will the GAS ever stop.

Talk about guitars, amplifiers, effects and other gear
VikingBlues

Boss FBM-1 - will the GAS ever stop.

Post by VikingBlues »

I'd half wondered about one of these for quite a while. I'm sure I recall some of you on 12bar using this pedal.

Anyway - one came up ex-demo at about half price, so I threw caution to the winds.

It arrived safely despite the package having no bubble wrap padding.
Boss FBM-1 Bassman Pedal
Boss FBM-1 Bassman Pedal
Boss FBM-1 Bassman Pedal.jpg (154.01 KiB) Viewed 7255 times
Not a great picture - we're only getting rain at the moment here in Scotland so there's not a good light for photos.

Put together a few notes on a Bluesblast.com A minor BT.
The 'Strat' is tuned down a half step so my position for playing the notes is all one fret higher than normal - that seems to be working OK - I'm just assuming I'm in Bb. I'm happy with the feel of the strings tuned down a half step (a whole step was too floppy) and I like the sound I'm getting. Bear in mind I've had the pedal less than a day so I've not played around much with trying to find the best settings. The sound is through the FBM-1 and the Nano Reverb pedal straight into the PC - a very little bit of delay added in the DAW. (I like the sound of the FBM-1 through the Vox AC4TV too which is a nice unexpected bonus).

download/file.php?id=1257
Attachments

I figure it's the Boss FBM1 Man
I Figure its the Boss FBM1 Man.mp3 - (2.66 MiB)

An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Boss FBM-1 - will the GAS ever stop.

Post by tytlblues »

Sounds pretty good......I think it has a lot of potential!
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sweet! Looks like a nice bit of kit (I'm learning the lingo). Sounds good. :thumbsup:
Glad the 1/2 step thing is working for you. Are you using .11s? The difficulty I found wasn't so much for me, but for anyone playing with me, particularly when I was playing in the E position, and they had to play in E flat. When I stopped having my own band, I stopped tuning down.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Nice Vb sounds good.

Like the playing also :thumbsup:
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Good sounds in there VB.
It´s to late, but I was getting curious how my thingie would sound in a clean Bassman 59 setting. Maybe tomorrow
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
roswellj

Post by roswellj »

Got one of these at home. I LOVED it when I had my old solid state amp, used it all the time. Since getting the blues junior I have barely touched it. I think it is great with certain amps but if your using an amp that can already produce that kind of sound then it becomes a bit redundant. Have used it to overdrive the tubes before to get extra breakup without fiddling with the control knobs on the amp.
That being said it was always my go to pedal before I upgraded amps.

and in answer to the question in your title.... the gas will never stop. My fiance has banned me from visiting both music and motorbike shops because I can't leave empty handed... think of all that gear on the wall waiting for a new home
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Nice tone VB, a half step down sounds good too :thumbsup:
GAS, we all know about it :lol:
roswellj wrote: and in answer to the question in your title.... the gas will never stop. My fiance has banned me from visiting both music and motorbike shops because I can't leave empty handed... think of all that gear on the wall waiting for a new home
:rofl: The same here :lol:
Jan 15th 2007