Fingerpicking blues question

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
miumau

Fingerpicking blues question

Post by miumau »

Hello

I have been learning to play guitar for about a year now.

I'd be interested in trying to learn fingerpicking blues, but have one problem. I have an old injury to my right hand, so I can really only use three fingers: thumb, pointer and middle. I have been trying to modify some tabs myself so I can pick notes easily with just three fingers.

But if anyone happens to know any existing tabs like that (Mostly 3 finger picking), I'd appreciate it :D !

Thank you and best regards,
James
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Fingerpicking blues question

Post by 12bar »

:welcome:

Several Blues guitarists played in an unusual way because they had a handicap, a crippled finger or something else. With three fingers it's sure possible to play a good fingerpickin' Blues, but I doubt that you'll find special tabs for this. In most cases you pick over a chord structure, so just either leave out a string or sweep over two with one finger.
2WheelsOfBlues

Post by 2WheelsOfBlues »

Sorry, but i can't help you now.
But i can :welcome: you over here

And i think someone can anser your question
play guitar like the wind, mysterious but definitely present....
weelie

Post by weelie »

Classical guitar is played with 4 fingers, yes, but folk/blues fingerpicking doesn't need more than two! None of the old masters played with four, I'd say. Got op youtube and see for yourself.
BadBluesPlayer

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

Three fingers is plenty. Don't worry about it. Don't think about it too much. Just start playing and let your brain and fingers figure out how to do it.