What are you listening to now?

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
losaavedra

Re: What are you listening to now?

Post by losaavedra »

Bobby Mercy Oliver at http://www.livebluesworld.com/profile/BobbieMercyOliver ... great vocals, love this type of blues!
Mike
"I feel more like I do now than when I first came on" (Ronnie Scott, Maidstone)
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I'm listning a lot on Guitartube and to various artists. Al Di Meola is one but my favorite is Jimi Hendrix. I'm listning to Mr Eric Clapton to. Mr Bibb allso and many other how have contributed there songs to blues genre.
And I'm practising scales so i hear my self play the same over and over agin. It's very boring to do but....................I just have to to improv. :oldie:
MichaelRobinson

losaavedra wrote:Bobby Mercy Oliver at http://www.livebluesworld.com/profile/BobbieMercyOliver ... great vocals, love this type of blues!
This guy is new to me but he get the bones in my boddy to dancing.
Bluesmole

Post by Bluesmole »

Buddy Guy. I never tire of him. Also Booker Ervin on Tenor Sax - 'The Blues Book'. :banana: :oldie:
"Big Bill Broonzy, a white boy's inspiration" (1963), and the Blues ever since.
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

a couple of cds I've really been enjoying lately, Beth Hart and Joe Bonnamassa: Don't Explain, really good one Beth Harts vocals are really good, and Joes playing is always great but hes playing quite a bit cleaner on this one more tasty fills and such, a lot more blusey! I also picked up Adele: 21 I'm really likeing this one more of an old school R+B feel to it, awsome vocals, just a great sounding cd. If you can check them out, good stuff! Dan
MichaelRobinson

At the moment I'm listning to Rory Gallagher. A album called Foto finish. It's an old album from 1978. :music2:
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Been listening to the Red Devils lately, The alblum is titled King King, it was recorded live in a blues bar in LA called King King. Well worth a listen, it's blues played the way it was supposed to be played!! Dan
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool