EC 'signature endings'

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
redrooster

EC 'signature endings'

Post by redrooster »

Hi, recently i've been trying to get that "sweet" endings that Eric does for example in the version of "Clapton and Friends" in the song Wonderful Tonight. I am refering to the last lick, that I think he usually does in major songs, but I don't know for sure. Does anybody know what he's doing exactly? Every time I hear this, it's like a perfect ending for a song, I mean, it's like when you're reading the last lines of a great, great book, and you feel very good. So, for me, this is what this man "says" with this last phrase.

Hope someone can help! Thanks.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: EC 'signature endings'

Post by 12bar »

If you have any other song than WT, I'll be glad to tab it for you. :big_smile:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

12bar wrote:If you have any other song than WT, I'll be glad to tab it for you. :big_smile:
Likewise... I was playing at the local bar Monday, when the keyboard player busted out into WT, and I couldn't really remember the signature lick, let alone any actual licks and phrases. (we had never played or rehearsed this tune) I couldn't help but think of Gerd, and laugh out loud while faking it. :lol:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

Can someone tab out the ending of Crossroads, that Clapton does in this video, or something similar?

u7fbVEBI9Uw
Last edited by drockadam on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

More or less standard EC licks - can you narrow the time range to about 15 sec?
cruisemates

Post by cruisemates »

1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ------------8-----8------7-----7--------5^7----5----------------------------------------------------------
1 -------------------9------------7----------------5-------------------------------------------------------
1 --7-----------------------------------------------------7------5------7------------------------------------
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jjbennett

Post by jjbennett »

Awesome, didn't even know he'd played on Jules Holland as well, cheers for the link.

The ending is just a piddle around in blues box one using double stops, the tab above is a good start to go from :)