Your favorite licks

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
cruisemates

Re: Your favorite licks

Post by cruisemates »

From Cream's Sittin' on top of the World - the turnaraound (in key of C) - meter is 6/8 so 8th notes are marked by * below

1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ------------------------------------------------5---7---5-----------------------------------------
1 ---------------------5---7---3-------------7-----------------------------------------------------------
1 -----3----------7------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----C-------------------------F-------------------------C (same C as below)

1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 --------------6-5-3-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------------------5-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 -----------------------------5-------------------------------------------------------------
1 --------------------------------5------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------C (continued)--------G
-------*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*---*
weelie

Post by weelie »

I recorded a quick track with some of your faves:
1. with the latter two part riff from Cruisemates first post,
2. Strummer07's Am lick.
3. Wildwoods intro as ending, Timing is a bit off, but didn't have time for 2nd take.

None are exactly and perfectly, because I just played them one each take off the paper. The rhythm is a simple D6, G7, A7 "rock around the clock rhythm" track I played on my tele today, the lead is my Alleykat Epi. Drumns from my Boss RC2, amp is Microcube on BritCombo, no effecfts or reverb.

http://www.box.net/shared/bgiry9qy7g

Here are the licks I used:
cruisemates wrote: Here is one of my favorite tricks - in the key of E

1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------7---7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ---------7---7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ----------------9--7--9----------5--7--5--------------------------------------------------------
1 ----------------------------------------------7-----------------------------------------------
1 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 ----------------9--7--9----------5--(6)--------------------------------------------------------
1 ----------------------------------------------7---5-------------------------------------------
1 --------------------------------------------------------7------------------------------------
Strummer07 wrote: or a little double stopper .......

E-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B --8---8---8---8---8------7---5---------------7-----------5-------------------------------------
G --9---9---9---9---9------7---5---------------7-----------5------------------------------------
D -------------------------------------7---7----------7------------7---------------------------
A ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wildwood wrote:
Here is a little intro that I like...

1 ----------------------3~~~-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 -------------3----------------5(let ring)----3--------3----5~~~--------------------------------
1 ----///4---------4-------------------------------4----------------------------------------------
1 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wildwood

Post by wildwood »

Now that's cool weelie...

What a fun concept. Sort of like the collabs but performed by one player using some of our favorite licks!... :cool:
The blues won't get you to heaven but it'll drop you at the front door.
fredm

Post by fredm »

:wave: Hi everyone, some great info here. Glad I found the site. Learn't loads of stuff already. :beer:
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:welcome: Fred!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:welcome: Fredm... you are going to like it here. Great forum full of useful information and also very entertaining. :music2:
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

:welcome: fredm - hope you enjoy the forum for a long time to come - it's a great place to learn. :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Back on guitar I recorded some of my "safe mode" licks... :music1:

The very first Blues lick I learned:
download/file.php?id=143
Albert King style:
download/file.php?id=144
More Albert:
download/file.php?id=145
A repeating pattern:
download/file.php?id=146
A usual turnaround in E:
download/file.php?id=147
Another one:
download/file.php?id=148
Attachments

lick_6.mp3 - (123.73 KiB)

lick_5.mp3 - (164.75 KiB)

lick_4.mp3 - (106.59 KiB)

lick_3.mp3 - (134.14 KiB)

lick_2.mp3 - (56.38 KiB)

lick_1.mp3 - (105.36 KiB)

lp1holl

Post by lp1holl »

I think I found this on this site, but i dont remember. Anyway, great intro in E minor :bb:

e -------4--------3------2------0--------2-------------------------------------------------------------
B -----------------------------------------0------------------------------------------------------
G --3/4-----4-3----3-2---0h1-----------2---------------------------------------------------------------------
D ------------------------------------------1----------------------------------------------------------
A ---------------------------------0-1-2----------------------------------------------------------------
E ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Nothing shuts my piehole but pie."