guitnauta

Minor blues from spain

Post by guitnauta »

Hello everyone.This is my first video in this fórum.I hope you like it.Regards
wD9QO0a0xO4
Blindboy

Re: Minor blues from spain

Post by Blindboy »

Ok, Guitnauta, I see that no one has replied to this, so I'll take a stab at it.
First, I enjoyed this a good deal. Killer playing! However, it isn't Blues. It is more fusion or Satriani style rock. Great stuff, maybe blues influenced, but not blues. Blues is more about a feeling, evoking an emotion. Hanging a note until it feeds back. Building tension and releasing it. Your playing is fluid and very talented, but it wasn't blues.
With your skill, I would like to hear what you can do if you back off the high speed stuff, simplify, and concentrate on tone and dynamics. Bet it would be excellent. :thumbsup:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
fenson

Post by fenson »

+1
:beer:
IF
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I can not say other than that you have an incredibly good technique. Your fingers flows on the fretboard like a calm river and get everything done will be done. +5

Sometimes it sounds blues. Sometimes almost jazz. Sometimes as a transport route to the next with some bluesy or jazzy piece. I have a feeling also classical influence in the song.
Everything sounds great to you start to think about what the blues cradle where and how it sounds and all the history that is related to music style blues. It is not easy to say you should do this or that for it to be so. The only thing I can come up with is that you take a few deep breaths and listen to your heart and what you hear in your head. I think you have what it takes, it shows you clearly.

Well one thing I highly recommend, despite my minimal musicality in this context. Do not overwork. Take it a little less technically advanced.

Take care
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Nicely played whatever it is! :thumbsup:

Very fluid playing and you make it look ridiculously effortless.
Though my old brain can't cope very well listening to notes that are quite so rapid - and my fingers certainly can't play them.

I'm sure that with your technique you could do a really impressive slow blues number! :D
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
guitnauta

Post by guitnauta »

Thank,s for coment Blindboy.Really this is not classic blues,i tried play blues with my style,incorporating elements of other musical genres.I,ll post in the future some other video(with less notes and more dinamics) and hope you like it.Regards.
guitnauta

Post by guitnauta »

Thank,s for coment MichelRobinson.I understand what you say,and take note of your advice.Regards.
guitnauta

Post by guitnauta »

Hello VikingBlues.Thank,s for your coment.I,ll post some video with less notes.Regards.
MikeL

Post by MikeL »

I can't comment on your vid from a guitar player standpoint because you're technically way out of my league.

From a listener standpoint, I enjoyed the track but I'm wondering if it was just awe for how effortlessly you played the entire fretboard or if the resulting music actually made me "feel" something; which to me is the major purpose for music. I suspect it was a bit of both. Whichever the case, you're clearly very talented and I'd love to hear more from you. :thumbsup:
Cheers!
Mike

"A broken angel sings
From a guitar"