Song a day challange

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
Synaps

Song a day challange

Post by Synaps »

Hello guys and gals!
So it has always been a dream of mine to play blues guitar... Well that dream is going to start coming true as of today. Currently I play lots of acoustic chord rhythm style music but just bought a les paul style guitar to begin my path to lead blues guitar. I am a huge fan of SRV and BB KING and eventually want to find my own style but for now I vow to learn one new blues song a day. That's where you can help me. I simply have no clue where to start. I would love to make a list of songs I can strive to learn each day, and sure I probably won't be able to learn a song a day but I sure will try. So I ask can we get a list of songs I should learn in a certain order... Or even as simple as what were the first blues songs you decided to learn. Just know every song I learn gets me one step closer to my dream.

thanks
-kevin
vancouverois

Re: Song a day challange

Post by vancouverois »

Hi Kevin,

:welcome:
Not sure what is your level of playing but did you have a look at this section of the site:
http://12bar.de/cms/tutorial/beginners-blues/
Jan 15th 2007
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Song a day challange

Post by 12bar »

Hi Kevin,

there are zillions of great Blues songs and dozens of different styles to try, so simply listen to some classics (some are in the tutorials here) and select the ones you want. A song a day is a challenge for a beginner, I would slow down and learn the basics first; rhythm, classic licks, turnarounds etc. and then play a song until you master it, then proceed. Good luck!

And :welcome: btw.!