This Forum is about nothing

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
Sonnya

This Forum is about nothing

Post by Sonnya »

:alright: This forum is dead, no responses, no input, it's like a church that has no spirit and everyone just sets and looks dead... Sorry expected much more.
VikingBlues

Re: This Forum is about nothing

Post by VikingBlues »

The forum does go through peaks and troughs. Summer holiday times are often very quiet.

I for one am grateful that the site owner is willing to incur significant costs to give us this forum free of charge and that he and his moderator give their time for free too. At least the forum is not awash with trolls like a lot of others.

Perhaps you should consider setting your own forum up?
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Sonnya

I do not think anyone has put a gun to your forehead and forced you to this forum. Your expectations of people seem to be big. Run home and questioning yourself.
I can only recommend you to work on yourself and your problems. You can do it with us in the forum or reject it. The choice is yours.
VB is right. 12bar lines up with this forum and taking money out of his own pocket.

Music sets tongues wagging and have always done it. Music brings out things from people that they themselves did not think about it. Got a problem with that?
People need to talk about anything and everything and there's an off topic part of this forum.

For me with my problems, I need feedback on more than just the blues. Life is more then blues.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

As you know I'm on holiday and managed to get a sometimes even working :big_smile: internet connection, but my time is reserved for my family. Without a guitar I can't even record something. It may be a bit too quiet, but feel free to put some live into it - start a collab, a discussion, upload a song. :handshake:
Next month I'll be back! :chicken:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Sonnya... not sure what you expected. This forum goes through quiet times and busy times. If you want to liven things up, like 12bar said, post up some music or start a collab. I agree with MR and VB in that this is actually a great forum with no trolls and the admin and moderator do a great job of providing us with a place to post music, discuss various topics, and share experiences. Many people have learned and grown musically because of this forum. I reaffirmed my love for playing because of this forum.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
tytlblues

Post by tytlblues »

This is a wonderful forum...in a day of facebooks, soundcloud, and the myriad of social networking sites out there, I am amazed that this forum continues to exist sometime myself. It does however, because of a kind-ship, only such a small, dedicated forum can have. People here are friends, and share their thoughts, music, and ideas, through their creativity.
Please do not judge this forum just because you too a quick look, and it did not meet your expectations immediately! please, either move on, or join the community, knowing that as VB said, it has it's ups and downs as far as participation goes.
This place is like a long lost friend, who will always be there........
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

:beer: It seems to me that it is simple to get some response :mercy: Hope to find the time in the future to write an react some more. Problems whit my neck and arm ( could not use it without pain :cry: ) Release a dubble CD, and car trouble on our road trip ( The car is brought back on a tailer from Italy, and we travel with the caravan back in a rental car :thumbsdown: ) And i start to bring The Chitlin Crew back to live ( More info in an other topic )
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

This is a great forum with friendly members. :thumbsup:
Sometimes there's up and down about the forum activity.
It can happen, but doesn't mean it's dead and empty.
A forum is also a collaborative space where your input is highly appreciated.
You can share your thoughts as well as your music or start a collab if you're willing to. guitar_fire::
Jan 15th 2007
Sonnya

Post by Sonnya »

:icon_whoknows: It seems when you have a negative comment to make you do it. I'm not knockin' the forum operator or owner, just the lame members. It's dead because you make it dead, except when" Let me tell him off I'll give him a piece of my mind" Now I have a lot of action to my post, you hypocrites. You don't make the forum, so I will hang around to see if it does come alive, if not I'll move on.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Hmm. It seems to me that every reply to your comment was polite, and many were encouraging you to participate, and you call us "lame" and "hypocrites". Did we as a group hurt your feelings somehow? :alright:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

At an average of 2.5 posts a day for the past 3 years I will admit to occasional feelings that I spend TOO much time on this forum. :icon_whoknows:

But in a way similar to Blindboy having his love of playing reaffirmed by this forum, I had my confidence to try playing guitar wonderfully boosted by the thoughtful consideration and help of others here.

We go through periods of time where members are busy elsewhere with real life, but I just keep posting and am happy to wait for longer to get responses in those quiet times. I'm on other forums which are much busier, but I don't feel the same community spirit there.

It does seem a shame that you feel the need to start insulting members - I'm not sure that telling people that they're "lame" and "hypocrites" will encourage them very much.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
MichaelRobinson

Sonnya.
Are you a housetrained dog? Stray dogs that you usually want more than mom and dad.
Do you want someone to play youre guitarr or not ?

You get what you deserve and right now it's crap you want.
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

HBL woke up

Please let keep things cooled down here :icon_whoknows:

We don't have to agree or even like what someone has to say about 12bar, but as long as it's not abusive or agressive, there is no reason to get exited :beer:
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

I'll add my 2 cents, I love this forum, I'm best described as a lurker.

I learnt so much from the contributions and the blues lessons in particular, Thanks for all the information.

Chur,
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
MichaelRobinson

Sorry.

I am overloaded with crap inside me. I keep away in the future so I don't harm someone again.

Michael
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

You didn't harm anyone Michael, I just wanted to catch things before it would have changed into a catfight.
You're a good guy :)
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....