An update..

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
StratLover2

An update..

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

I hope everybody is well!

In between school madness, finishing science courses (one left) and an accounting course, I have found some time to record some stuff. Keep in mind, that I hadn't played for a week or so due to an attack of the flu. Here is my soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jack-arnold-13

I had a really good jam last Friday playing some rock classics and got an appreciative audience who happened to be also musicians.

StratLover2
MichaelRobinson

Re: An update..

Post by MichaelRobinson »

No comments
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

I've been absent from 12bar for a bit, so this was just a way to get back into it MR. :)
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

StratLover2 wrote:I've been absent from 12bar for a bit, so this was just a way to get back into it MR. :)
I'm in a rude mood this night so I better do nothing. I'm not in a friendly mood at all. I have a hell of time to get oxygen into my blood
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Trying to catch up on the forum - haven't had time to listen to recordings on the 12bar posts the last few days - too much work and no play. :sad:

Long time since you've posted - glad things are going well and hope you're recovering well from the flu. :fingerscrossed: Bad time of year - I've recently had the old winter vomiting bug which wasn't much fun. :alright:

So I clicked on your link. Then found I got messages about flashblocker meaning I couldn't hear sound on your soundcloud page. Having tried to find a solution unsuccessfully, I then went to my soundcloud page which worked OK - used the search function to find your page - that now works fine. Technology!!!!! :angry: :wall:

Hey - I like Dreamy Skies and the Dm ballad - nicely played - I do seem to have a preference for the longer notes type of solos.

Still a bit pushed for time - I'll need to finish the post and go out. :away:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

Thanks VB!

Weird about SoundCloud, still getting used to using it! Dont' know if I even use its features. I am guessing it will mainly become an online repository for my recordings! Hope that I can put up some uploads from jams too, audio only of course! Thanks for your kind words, I guess I just happened to be inspired that day.

SL2
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

:wave: Listened to some songs without problems and enjoyed what I heard. :thumbsup:
Maybe the ballad would sound even better without so much distortion/overdrive.
StratLover2

Post by StratLover2 »

I think you're right 12bar, and thanks for your comments! If I could import the backing track into GB on iPad, I would try a lower distortion setting. That one upon listening seems a bit too "wobbly" for my tastes now. It's all about getting the right sound on the recording setup I have, which is still a work in progress and probably always will be I suspect. ;)