Acoustic blues - input needed

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
nico

Acoustic blues - input needed

Post by nico »

Hey Forum

We're a singer/songwriter duo (2 guitars/2 voices). My female bandmate has come up with an idea for an acoustic blues in F-sharp major.

download/file.php?id=167

Since I'm rather a folksy kind of player, I'm struggling to create a second guitar line. Everything I've tried so far sounds weak and not bluesy at all. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Nico
Attachments

Confused_Blues.mp3 - (1.36 MiB)

Blackhorse

Re: Acoustic blues - input needed

Post by Blackhorse »

Hi Nico, and welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I gave the song a quick listen, it sounds good but doesn't sound very bluesy to me :icon_whoknows:

I'd need to try a few things on my guitar to answer fully, but here goes.

Probably the best way to blues it up would be to add some acoustic slide licks in F# minor pentatonic. Using minor pentatonic licks over a major chord progression is standard in blues, but I don't know how well it would work in your song without trying it. Try something simple, but responding to the vocal and played with conviction. If slide is not an option, then some standard pentatonic licks should work, but nothing says blues like a sliding pent lick!
nico

Re: Acoustic blues - input needed

Post by nico »

Hi Blackhorse

Thanks for this! Yeah, I guess it might not sound bluesy to a blues aficionado. Compared to what we normally do, it is rather bluesy, though. Slide guitar is definitely an option. I'll give it a try. Should you come up with something, I'd be very pleased if you'd let me know.