Guitar lesson progress!

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
StratLover2

Guitar lesson progress!

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

Long time no see!

I have been gone for a bit, having just gotten back into my school work after my trip to Guam to visit my neighbors who have moved there, I have been taking guitar lessons again to work on more melodic soloing. I have been working in Mel Bay Book three, and almost halfway through I believe. For our current song, my guitar teacher and I have been working on some Allman Brothers stuff. Right now we are doing "Jessica", all of the parts in it, and hopefully we will have a drummer soon, and "Ramblin' Man", because I expressed interest in Dicky Bett's lead style. After these songs, he said we are going to work up "Johnny B. Goode" and "Crossroads." I am thinking for the latter, suggesting going with the 80's/early 90's tempo that Eric played, as it seems easier to play and sing for him, than trying to play at the original tempo.

So, that is where I am headed! I have already noticed that all the bits of my playing have improved significantly, the note choices and the timing!

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Guitar lesson progress!

Post by 12bar »

StratLover2 wrote:I have been taking guitar lessons again to work on more melodic soloing.
Sounds great - you've got great technical skills (as we already mentioned often), but lack a bit melodic feeling. That will improve your playing to a new level! :thumbsup: