Slide Lessons Intentions

Techniques, licks, tabs, chords, tutorials
VikingBlues

Re: Slide Week 4 - A New Slide!

Post by VikingBlues »

The New Slide Arrived! Of course we were out when the postman tried to deliver it on Saturday morning so I had to wait till today to get it. Shame that - the lesson I was trying at the weekend really needed a slide that was secure on the finger for a mix of fretted noted, chords and slide.
The new Slide. A "Redhouse" from Diamond Bottlenecks
The new Slide. A "Redhouse" from Diamond Bottlenecks
New Glass Slide.jpg (110.76 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
Compared to what I was using
Compared to what I was using
Comparison.jpg (132.38 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
This one don;t fall off (when my fingers got a bit warm)
This one don;t fall off (when my fingers got a bit warm)
Dont Fall Off.jpg (114.31 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
So - not much chance to use it yet - recorded a bit of just faffing about with BTs tonight. Just having a bit of fun. But despite it's extra thickness and length it IS more controllable as it's a better fit for my pinky - though the fact that it's wider at one end than the other still makes it feel a bit different. I could manage some chord stuff etc quite easily.
download/file.php?id=1228

Forgot to mention earlier - good tip on the cork treatment Fredm. :thumbsup: If it has a similar effect in making the slide a good fit as the effect of this new one it's well worth doing. Very inventive idea and I can see how it would give a finish with a "grip" to it - I'd tried padding the inside of the old slide with loose material but it didn't really work.
Attachments

Tyring the new slide - just messing about.
New Glass Slide Week 4.mp3 - (2.95 MiB)

Last edited by VikingBlues on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
tytlblues

Re: Slide Lessons Intentions

Post by tytlblues »

Wow.....nice....like the old coveted glass aspirin bottles. Nothing like a new peice of equipment to get you excited.
Tytlblues

"Notes are expensive... spend them wisely”
BB King