Danielle
Danielle 2.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
North Mississippi Allstar Duo
North Mississippi Allstar Duo
Allstars.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
Coco Montoya
Coco Montoya
Coco.jpg (48.09 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
I was lucky enough to take in the annual Greeley, Colorado Blue Jam last Saturday (June 11). This event has been held for several years now and after hearing good things about it I thought I'd take a day off (!) and enjoy. Greeley is about 20 miles from where I live so I really had no excuse to miss it.
Here's the lineup: Dwayne Dopsie & Zydeco Hellraisers
The Nighthawks
Trampled Under Foot
Coco Montoya
North Mississippi Allstars Duo
Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Also a "Back Porch Stage" with more local talent and a Blues 101 Stage with educational shows were jumping.
Denver darling Erica Brown did a set with her band on the Back Porch, then appeared on the Blues 101 stage, Then ended up jammin' with Robert Randolph at the end of his set! What a powerhouse she is!

I loved seeing the Nighthawks. Guitarist Paul Bell really slings a Tele! Trampled under foot was my favorite act. Very fresh material and a great performance. The North Mississppi Allstar Duo was without their other brother who normally plays bass. Still very polished with a lot of "Trance blues" or Hill Country blues flavor.
Danielle 1
Danielle 1
Danielle 1.jpg (47.24 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
Friday night before was a major jam with show featuring local blues talent in probably a dozen different venues!
Greeley is known for it's meat packing plants. It is beginning to grow a lively blues culture. I had a great time! Probably saw some of you there. Sorry I didn't get more pics!
Attachments
Danielle 3.jpg
Danielle 3.jpg (45.73 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
Danielle, Nick, and Kris Schnebelin
Danielle, Nick, and Kris Schnebelin
Trampled Under Foot.jpg (45.99 KiB) Viewed 5410 times
Blindboy

Re: Greeley Blues Jam

Post by Blindboy »

Sounds like fun!
I lived in Greeley back in '77 or '78... I was in the ninth grade, and played bluegrass rather than blues back then. :whistle:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Looks like Danielle was your favourite :wink:
Nice review! :thumbsup:
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Was I that obvious? Actually Trampled Under Foot was my favorite act of the festival. The only words that can describe Danielle are "RIP YOUR HEART OUT". Here's evidence: (if I can get this to work)
http://youtu.be/jPJ2DL_-9vw

Here they've got a guest guitarist. Didn't catch his name. Looks like the Schnebelin family has it's share of lefties!
Golfxzq

Post by Golfxzq »

:big_smile: That looks like it was a fun blues festival. I bet you had a great time. The pictures are fantastic, very up close and personal. Thanks for sharing.
"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right."
- Henry Ford