New music - Warren Haynes - Man in Motion

Talking Blues, news, cool links
LeftyCanuck

New music - Warren Haynes - Man in Motion

Post by LeftyCanuck »

Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule and the Allman Brothers Band fame just put out his new solo album this week called 'Man in Motion' - GREAT blues/soul tunes. I've been spending all day listening to it. Some tasty guitar work in there (as would be expected). Plus it was produced by Canadian boy Gordie Johnson.

I was just thinking how much happier I'd be if this was the new EC album rather than the rather weak outing that was 'Clapton'.

Well worth a listen if you're in the mood for some new music.

A bit of a taste: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WM-z9R52YU
ratfinkdan

Re: New music - Warren Haynes - Man in Motion

Post by ratfinkdan »

Love Warren Haynes playing, always has great tone and taste and a great voice also! Man in Motion is definetly on my list to get, have seen a couple youtubes vids of some of the songs looks great, great band too. Also saw a video about a new cd coming out from Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, The Tedeschi/Trucks Band. I think the cd is called Revealtion or some thing like that, some sound clips ( sounded really good ) some shots in their home studio and clips of the band, didn't say when its coming out but it looks like its going to be a really good one also!
LeftyCanuck

Post by LeftyCanuck »

I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I'm a big Derek Trucks fan - "discovered" him after seeing him play with EC and later with the ABB. The Derek Trucks Band 'Already Free' album is stellar!
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

Excellent - I'm a fan of both Haynes and Trucks. Been looking forward to a Tadeschi/Trucks album for a while, so I'll be looking out for that one too!
ratfinkdan

Post by ratfinkdan »

Both Warren and Derek are just great players, solid, soulfull, always tastefull, think they are a couple of the best in the blues rock thing right now. Revalator is the new one for tedeschi/trucks band. I have an older Derek Trucks band cd called out of the madness, this is quite a bit before he joined the Allman Bros. and Warren plays on a number of the songs, one of my favorite cds!
oneeyedslide

Post by oneeyedslide »

Tedeschi/Trucks are playing this August here in Fort Collins where I hide out. I'm hoping Haynes will just show up (dream on). This concert is out in the street in old town and is free! Don't think you can just walk up to the stage and see them clearly though. There are oceans of people at these things! This is a multi-genre festival set up but there are many blues oriented acts this year. Tedschi/Trucks is the headliner. I'm gonna try and stake out a roof top this year!

If you're curious or close by in August, it's called "New West Fest". Google it and drop by, or I can pass on info if anyone needs it.