Tonight's Jam report!

Talking Blues, news, cool links
StratLover2

Tonight's Jam report!

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

My dad took a video on his new iPhone of a couple of our songs, so I will find a way to either load it on here, or extract the audio and upload it. We extended the Jam by about four or five songs due to a very good friend of mine and his father coming, and we promised to play one more song for them.. Turns out we ended up playing five!

Here is the setlist-

Summer Song (Joe Satriani), (This was a new one that I've played around with quite a bit, only two chords A and D, in a rockish rhythm, centering around a shift from A Mixolydian to Dorian. Look the song up on YouTube!) Played this at the begninning and the end
Surfer Girl (Beach Boys)
Knocking on Heaven's Door (Clapton)
Runaway (Old '50s tune)
Freebird (Usually my pastor lets me take the solo, but we did a few introduction solos, back and forth between us. Then he did one before we did the verse. Then when we went to the famous rock section, he let me do my usual thing, which consisted of a blazing rock and roll solo, ala the original, but I've been adding a bluesy touch to my playing, so it is not just all runs up and down the neck. My fingers were stiff, but somehow I made them play quickly!)
La Grange (Our favorite blues tune to jam to)
Doxology (Our traditional end of service church and end of jam song!)

Then my friend and his father showed up, so we continued with

Summer Song (Reprise)
White Room (I always have fun playing fills and lead on this one)
Fast blues jam in A

There was a couple of others I've probably forgotten, but this was the setlist!

StratLover2

(I played Torrance, which brought remarks of admiration from my friends father!)