Friday Night Jam Report

Talking Blues, news, cool links
StratLover2

Friday Night Jam Report

Post by StratLover2 »

Hi all!

I had my usual Friday Night Jam on the sidewalk with my Pastor last night. Here to the best of my knowledge was our set list-

White Room
Pipeline (Ventures)
In My Room (Beach Boys)
Blues Jam in E
House of the Rising Sun
Smooth (Santana)
La Grange (ZZ Top)

I think that was it. If I can remember more I'll edit this list. I'm pretty sure that was it. The jams on Smooth, the Blues Jam and La Grange were pretty rich. White Room, my pastor pretty much let me do the intro, and fills and the solo on White Room. The sound I had was pretty much like the one I posted to the Blues Room, give or take a few notches of volume.

On Smooth and La Grange, we got really into the jamming. On La Grange, we did the dancing around that Dusty and Billy do when they play on the stage. For the first time on one of these sidewalk gigs, a young couple who were listening across the street, crossed it and came up to his and threw down four dollars! This has never happened at our sidewalk gigs before. I think because we were louder than usual more people could hear us!

StratLover2
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Friday Night Jam Report

Post by 12bar »

Jamming to "House of the Rising Sun" with the pastor - I can't even think of it! :icon_whoknows:
Lucky one! :thumbsup: