Your favourite blues record

Talking Blues, news, cool links
Ulysses

Your favourite blues record

Post by Ulysses »

I like Freddie King's first record, "Freddie King sings" perhaps best. It's filled with classics such as Tore down, Have you ever loved a woman and I love the woman. My personal favourite is "If you believe (In what you do)", Freddie's voice on that is unequaled for me. I also like Willie Dixon's I am the blues, and I can even admit that I like him doing Spoonful almost as much as I like the Wolf doing it. Back door man on that album is one of my favourite tracks.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Your favourite blues record

Post by 12bar »

I don' have one favourite Blues record, there are many and the list changes frequently. Some all time favs are EC's :big_smile: From the Cradle and the Bluesbreakers or John Lee Hookers The Healer, but some days I listen to BB King as much as Albert and Freddie...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Oh yeah, I think everyone's fond of Bluesbreakers with EC. Completely forgot about it.
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

I don't really have a favorite... I do still remember my dad bringing home Taj Mahal's Giant Step/De Old Folks at Home album in 1970 when I was seven. I loved that album then and still do songs from it whenever I play a gig. Playing along with the Beano album helped me move from playing scales to actually playing blues licks.
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I guess my favourite will vary depending on mood and energy levels.

Some will always be high on the list - like Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac's Jumping at Shadows, or John Lee Hooker's Tupelo Blues.
It's very likely that the favourite at any time will have slow and moody playing on it!
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Volker

Post by Volker »

can't say there is "the" favourite music.
As VikingBlues wrote, it depends on my mood. Can be some slow blues, Barock musik or rock. But there has to be a good rythm and some harmonics
huge blues fan and regularly organising a little blues concert.
doctorunderhill

Post by doctorunderhill »

8ea425105edf13aeb46de3b5edf7aa84--jazz-blues-blues-music.jpg
8ea425105edf13aeb46de3b5edf7aa84--jazz-blues-blues-music.jpg (169.62 KiB) Viewed 9718 times
Ulysses wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 am I like Freddie King's first record, "Freddie King sings" perhaps best. It's filled with classics such as Tore down, Have you ever loved a woman and I love the woman. My personal favourite is "If you believe (In what you do)", Freddie's voice on that is unequaled for me. I also like Willie Dixon's I am the blues, and I can even admit that I like him doing Spoonful almost as much as I like the Wolf doing it. Back door man on that album is one of my favourite tracks.
such a coincidence as I live less than 5 miles from the birthplace of the Texas Cannonball.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

doctorunderhill wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:01 am 8ea425105edf13aeb46de3b5edf7aa84--jazz-blues-blues-music.jpg
Ulysses wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:33 am I like Freddie King's first record, "Freddie King sings" perhaps best. It's filled with classics such as Tore down, Have you ever loved a woman and I love the woman. My personal favourite is "If you believe (In what you do)", Freddie's voice on that is unequaled for me. I also like Willie Dixon's I am the blues, and I can even admit that I like him doing Spoonful almost as much as I like the Wolf doing it. Back door man on that album is one of my favourite tracks.
such a coincidence as I live less than 5 miles from the birthplace of the Texas Cannonball.
If I ever go to the states, I won't pass by Gilmer. That man saved my life, in a way.