Did I mention I'm now on Soundcloud?

Talking Blues, news, cool links
fenson

Did I mention I'm now on Soundcloud?

Post by fenson »

In case I didn't, here it is:
https://soundcloud.com/yargwen
Thanks for listening :D
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
Hellhoundsonme

Re: Did I mention I'm now on Soundcloud?

Post by Hellhoundsonme »

Wow!

That blew me away! Great song selection with soul-stirring playing complete with great dynamics. On some of those songs, I could see you popping the strings with your fingers.

Wonderful recording quality, too. Thanks.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I'm really impressed with the way you manage to play those solo electric guitar pieces and make them sound so soulful and full of feeling Fenson. :clap:

I had to wait before I shifted to acoustic steel string before I got anywhere at all with doing that.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
fenson

Post by fenson »

Well, thank you gentlemen! Sincerely enjoy my playing please your ears :cool:

@Hellhoundsonme
Yep I'm playing kind of hybrid picking... always having a pick sticked between 1rst and 2nd fingers
that I use on the fly... mostly use fingers though... Don't really think of it, it sticks here for so long,
it comes out sometimes as for brushing strings or accents, things like that, depends what I'm trying to say
so to speak :icon_whoknows:

Record quality is quite simple! I'm using a laptop with 8Go of ram, it runs AVLinux, Ardour 5.x as DAW,
sometimes Audacity and Hydrogen Drum Machine. Some good guitars, good amps, good mics...
Bought a Roland Blues Cube Stage few months ago, it have USB ouptup for direct recording so I'm not using
mics a lot anymore by now...

@VB
Do not like playing over BT, and having not a band with me... So I'm playing solo pieces as you do buddy!
Souful and feeling! Only the music ease my worried mind, so I play the guitar. :D
"Don't be afraid by wrong notes, it doesn't exist" Miles Davis.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

You did mention it, but it's worth to post twice! :lol:
Nothing to add, high level playing and recording. :pray:
Hellhoundsonme

Post by Hellhoundsonme »

fenson wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 am Well, thank you gentlemen! Sincerely enjoy my playing please your ears :cool:

@Hellhoundsonme
Yep I'm playing kind of hybrid picking... always having a pick sticked between 1rst and 2nd fingers
that I use on the fly... mostly use fingers though... Don't really think of it, it sticks here for so long,
it comes out sometimes as for brushing strings or accents, things like that, depends what I'm trying to say
so to speak :icon_whoknows:

Record quality is quite simple! I'm using a laptop with 8Go of ram, it runs AVLinux, Ardour 5.x as DAW,
sometimes Audacity and Hydrogen Drum Machine. Some good guitars, good amps, good mics...
Bought a Roland Blues Cube Stage few months ago, it have USB ouptup for direct recording so I'm not using
mics a lot anymore by now...

@VB
Do not like playing over BT, and having not a band with me... So I'm playing solo pieces as you do buddy!
Souful and feeling! Only the music ease my worried mind, so I play the guitar. :D
Thank you for sharing your techniques and practices. I have met guitarists who were loathe to share anything with others. But of course, that is their right and I don't begrudge them one bit.