Preview Video for JJ Cale tribute

Talking Blues, news, cool links
Strummer07

Preview Video for JJ Cale tribute

Post by Strummer07 »

Here's a video of Eric talking about how the whole JJ Cale tribute album came up

Well worth a watch ..and my order for the album is already in !!
Due out at the end of the month !!

http://www.amazon.com/Eric-Clapton/e/B000AQ0UOA
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Preview Video for JJ Cale tribute

Post by 12bar »

It's so amazing that all these true musicians are close friends, admiring each other and putting together this great tribute. :pray:
velvetlicks

Post by velvetlicks »

12bar wrote:It's so amazing that all these true musicians are close friends, admiring each other and putting together this great tribute. :pray:
Really!? What's so amazing since they all have have been and still are singing so many of JJ tunes? Just my opinion though :D
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Here's an article from Rolling stone with a great Pic of Eric and JJ , Who were definitely good friends Vlicks, as was Tom Petty, but I don't think any of that really matters ... they have all produced this album as a tribute to a great songwriter.
It also includes links to two of the songs from the album.
Cajun Moon and Call me the Breeze

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20140721
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Gossip and no other
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Good to see that in the "business" of making music that there is still room for artists making a tribute in honour of someone they admired and had close friendships with. :thumbsup:

The linked tracks sound very good. If I wasn't totally stuck in savings mode (3 months down and 9 still to go -can I put enough away for a special acoustic for my 60th :icon_whoknows: ) I'd be tempted.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

The album is out in certain Countries right now ...UK on Tuesday ! So mine will arrive any day soon (I hope)

I am full of anticipation and expectation .....and everything I've heard so far suggests its a cracking CD

Here's an Interview Eric did a while back re the album ..Published on "Where's Eric" its an interview he did with The San Diego tribune ..worth a read

http://www.whereseric.com/eric-clapton- ... considered

A TV show aired in the US last night I think ..about the album , I can't seem to find it as a you-tube link ...but if anyone does ..Please add it to this thread
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Yes You ....

I've never been a big fan of EC, but when I listen to the songs later he made ​​it a mature man's songs and not a bunch of crap that abound around. I know EC had a hard life and it seems that he does not have a deeper connection yet, which I regret.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

The album is now available over here and it's pretty much a typical JJ album. Very country-ish relaxed, JJ's spirit is in every song they play.
Nothing outstanding to my ears, but it grows with time, a fine album to drive miles and miles while listening.