What really makes me mad!

Talking Blues, news, cool links
LeftyBlues

What really makes me mad!

Post by LeftyBlues »

I was checking my newspaper for any good gigs in my area and I came across Jimmie Vaughan. I really enjoy Jimmie Vaughan, especially when its at a small venue (less than 100 people) and the tickets are only $26. I've been to this place 2 or 3 times before with my sister/dad and never had any problems.....

Turns out that those all happened to be "all ages" shows. :angry: This one is supposedly 21+ as is alot of their shows. I never will understand having this rule because.
A.) It not explicit in anyway, except for a few double entendres (not even close to being as explicit as some rap and other music)
B.) Its not a late late show (12am) It starts at 8 with a small opening act.
C.) I'm with my parent/someone who is older
and D.) It blocks young people from ever experiencing the live feel of music thats dieing and I may never get to see again (BB. King, etc)

I know most of you are older than 21 and will never have this problem, but it really infuriated me. I wanna know your opinion on how you feel about this rule of not letting -21 in.
12bar
Site Admin

Re: What really makes me mad!

Post by 12bar »

We don't have this rule over here - 21 is not a special age. If you're 16 you can do a lot, if you're 18 you're allowed to go where you want.
But you're right - most of us will be blocked by the bouncer because - too old... :oldie: :big_smile:
BluesLicksMaster

Re: What really makes me mad!

Post by BluesLicksMaster »

I agree that it would be great if -21 could get into all these cool shows. It would be good for the young ones to have the opportunity to hear real live music, and it would be good for the music to have an infusion of young people too.

In the US we are way to hung up about alcohol and that's the whole problem. I had my first beer at about 12 years old anyway, the law didn't stop me. it seems to me that we got over our hangups and dealt with these things in a realistic fashion it would be better for everyone, musicians included.
"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jivin' too..."