Chitlin Crew has been offered a record deal

Talking Blues, news, cool links
ElMano

Chitlin Crew has been offered a record deal

Post by ElMano »

After all those years of playing struggling and disappointments we finally have a band with potential. In the 6 months we are together in this format we have compost 19 songs and do a couple of covers whit a twists. Before you accuse me, in a funky style, Little wing, and The wing cries Mary, Every day i have the blues etc. We all so did 3 Gig's that work out well. Last Sunday we where practicing and in the bar next to our studio was a guy listening. He knocked and ask if he could come in and listen. We says Oke! and after an 40 minutes we are finished and go for some coffee.
When we sit and relax we get the biggest surprise ever :icon_whoknows:
That guy owns a record label and ask us if we please please please want to do some recording whit him :yikes: He is looking for bands who are able to record songs whit out royalty's to the big guy's.
We ask for some time to get the things in line and we had a phone call last week wit each other and the man of the (small label) This Sunday he came over again an we talk and play a couple of songs for him. He was still confessed that he want to do a CD whit us, and offers us a contract.
This Wednesday we gonna talk thins over and made a choice of 12 songs we want to record. We like to do a live CD recording with audience, and we got it on our terms :yikes: :high5: if we want.
I keep you informed.
You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool
12bar
Site Admin

Re: Chitlin Crew has been offered a record deal

Post by 12bar »

:eye_rub: Sounds like a fairytale! I'll keep my :fingerscrossed:
Blindboy

Post by Blindboy »

Woo Hoo! :dance: Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Hope it all pans out, and that they become available over here. :big_smile:
"Throw yo' big leg over me Mama, I might not feel this good again!"
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Thanks guy's.We are still flabbergasted. The CD will be available on sites like I tunes and Spotify and so on. Hard copy's are sold in the Netherlands. We and the record company are in contact whit a couple radio stations on internet as on air. They will do the recording and the promotion as well In the mean time we are looking for gig's to get the band on stage. I will start a mailing to get us on tour this spring and summer. We are all ready booked on 5 April for a festival together whit a Dutch band (Jeremy and the groove breakers) and a Scottish band (The GT Boos band)
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

The first concepts for the cover are received.

VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Great News - Many Congratulations! :banana: :clap:

Like the "Back on Track" title - good concept.

Good luck with it all - it must be difficult to believe you're not dreaming it all! :big_smile:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
vancouverois

Post by vancouverois »

Congratulations, very good news! :cool: :bb:
Jan 15th 2007
Pena

Post by Pena »

Wow, congrats ElMano and the whole band of course. :clap:
I sure wanna buy the cd when it's published...
Pena
"The blues is a low down achein' chill" Robert Johnson
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

Congrats, I'll pre-order right now, put me on the list please.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
MichaelRobinson

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I guess it's a dream come true through this CD.
Congratulations! :handshake:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Thank you for all your positive and kind reactions. We are still flabbergasted. In the meanwhile we are invited at several locations and we are negotiate on a couple of Places to offer our conditions. The 5e April we are booked on a benefit festival, to raise money against child cancer. We gonna pick a date on a Saturday afternoon the coming weeks. We organize a private Gig whit audience to start of the series of "live" recordings to get the 12 songs for the CD together. We asked about 5 locations if we could play there so we can be recorded over there, to collect a pile of material. After that we hop in to the studio and play the parts that needed again.
We will keep you informed. In the meanwhile i feel like this
Attachments
bluesman---web.jpg
bluesman---web.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 17587 times
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

A nice flyer is circulate! First Gig on a main stage :cool:
1545228_443509679108333_641754237_n.jpg
1545228_443509679108333_641754237_n.jpg (54.58 KiB) Viewed 17572 times
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Congrats! :thumbsup: You should reverse the acts on the poster :big_smile:
MichaelRobinson

Congratulations. You deserve surely a recording in real studio and advertise your upcoming CD.
If possible, I queue for a copy.

Hope you celebrate your profit properly without being caught up in all of sudden turns. It is known that there are plenty of misery behind the scenes that you should watch out for so you do not become chemically dependent.

Take care of yourselves and be careful with the booze and beware of being caught up in the misery.

:handshake: :thumbsup:
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

@ 12 bar, Thanks But we are still happy to stay there, In the meanwhile we are promised that we get some airplay on a thursday evening ad (Internetradio) NWR4 the program is called Livingroom blues. We have some mastered tracks this moment that where taken in rehears studio. They are mend to get some samples for a sound demo. It's gonna be used for the bookers and club owners. As soon it is ready i will upload a sample on boxnet and made a link.
This morning i get an Email with great news! We are booked in a live club to play 1 sunday afternoon every month started 16 februari or 2 march
13 september we play on a hugh Cigarbox festival as band (6 acts) (i have to build me a CBG ore washtub Bass now hahahaha)
We have to choose the poster for the announcements. This are 4 Samples.

@ Micheal: Thanks for your reaction. Don't worry I have survived the '60 s and '70 Touring true Netherlands Germany and part of France I was in my 20's an a lot wilder than. The Guys of this band are 30, 47, 52 and i am 62 We don't drink any alcohol at all and only two of us smoke a cigaret (LOL)

Any suggestion wich poster to Choose?

MichaelRobinson

To Elmano

You can't bend the rule, Every man is some womans fool. It is your motto and I'm constantly surrounded by women who wish to care for me. I do not have a chance to make my male voice heard here in the instutition I live.
I'm just obstinate as a child of all women who think housework is help for that's what they preach as help.

I have no other to turn to than the guys in this forum.
ElMano

Post by ElMano »

Michael, that is oké I am glad to be there for some one who needs it. The blues is a lot more than music It united people all over the world. And for me it is a lifetime lifestyle. This forum community is unique in his way. There are as far as i have seen no problems with the members.

You write that you are surround by people (woman) that want to tell you what to do. I think that they do it with the best meaning But i understand that i could be to much on some point. There are two ways to handle that in my opinion. 1e stand up for your self and tell them polite but resolute that you draw the line at some point.
the 2e way: smile an say Yes and in the mean time you ignore them :whistle: ( looks the easy way to me )
Wish you luck over there. It is pity that we live so far from each other other wise we have could meet and play some times ore get you to a place we Gig.

All the best Micheal keep up the spirit :wave:
MichaelRobinson

ElMano wrote:Michael, that is oké I am glad to be there for some one who needs it. The blues is a lot more than music It united people all over the world. And for me it is a lifetime lifestyle. This forum community is unique in his way. There are as far as i have seen no problems with the members.

You write that you are surround by people (woman) that want to tell you what to do. I think that they do it with the best meaning But i understand that i could be to much on some point. There are two ways to handle that in my opinion. 1e stand up for your self and tell them polite but resolute that you draw the line at some point.
the 2e way: smile an say Yes and in the mean time you ignore them :whistle: ( looks the easy way to me )
Wish you luck over there. It is pity that we live so far from each other other wise we have could meet and play some times ore get you to a place we Gig.

All the best Micheal keep up the spirit :wave:
Yes. They want me to feel good but I become obstinate with all messages they send. It's to much.