Eric Clapton Nice Interview

Talking Blues, news, cool links
vancouverois

Eric Clapton Nice Interview

Post by vancouverois »

He talks about Jimi, his guitars and some troubled events in his life.
5BSpuyq0dxo
Jan 15th 2007
MichaelRobinson

Re: Eric Clapton Nice Interview

Post by MichaelRobinson »

I have met many addicts in my life, and Eric talks about himself as an addict and I recognize the talk.
To be hoisted into the sky without being more than mortal is hell. Not a chance that you can live up to the high expectations. I understand that he does his part and then withdraw all the credit for it is commendable to make him as a human being to someone he is not.

What I am most familiar is the black out, remorse, anxiety and assiduous to try not to regret. The emptiness he talks about is also evident. It is the most difficult piece to fill the emtyness and try not to regret. I speak from personal experience. I like Eric does not fill my void with stuff. It is simply not possible.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

Thanks - a very interesting interview and some interesting facts. "I was touring, I don't know where" :eye_rub: Total blackout...
He shows that he's an excellent fingerstyle guitar player, too. I wish I had 10% of his talent :big_smile:
weelie

Post by weelie »

Thanks!

Checking that, I tripped over to this Mark Knopfler talking his career's 6 guitars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27OT_FSWrIE
a great 45min doc!