Old Sock Album

Talking Blues, news, cool links
vancouverois

Old Sock Album

Post by vancouverois »

I had my copy a few days ago, less jazzy than the previous abum but not really blues.
In some way, there is sometimes a reminiscence of 461 Ocean Blvd mostly in the chorus ambiance.
I mean at least to my ears.
Not a bad album but definitively carrying something different.

EC interview about Old Sock.
JgKBKNLkyw4
Jan 15th 2007
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Old Sock Album

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

I've got it just after it's release on Itunes ( yup, sorry :shy: I use an Apple product)
I like it quite well. Good music
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
kiwiclapton

Post by kiwiclapton »

I've had it on my ipod since it came out, still getting use to it, the reggae vibe on a couple of songs is interesting.
In the name of God, Eric Clapton and the Slowhand, Amen.
12bar
Site Admin

Post by 12bar »

It sure has a bit 461 feeling in it, very relaxed - a bit too much for my taste. Like on his last studio albums his singing is great, but most of the songs are mediocre. But live he's still on top.
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I can appreciate laid back fine if there's a quiet intensity about songs - a lot of my favourite songs are like that. Although I can appreciate the skilled music making :thumbsup: I find that to me this album does seem to lack a little of that intensity and seems maybe too relaxed and too comfortable .... like the old sock holds no magic or surprises any more? :icon_whoknows:
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!