Joanne Shaw Taylor - Crossroads

Talking Blues, news, cool links
Strummer07

Joanne Shaw Taylor - Crossroads

Post by Strummer07 »

As in previous years the super "Crossroads " event .... the Holy Grail for most Blues guitarists, is doing a "Peoples Choice" slot
and act that i think will actually open the Main stage ! ... Grand stuff.

I notice that Joanne Shaw Taylor is one of the acts currently in the running ...........It'd be great if we could help her along a bit !!
Right now she's on 83% .. up from 79% yesterday ....but she's still on page 2 and a bit behind the top voted act at 90%
Obviously you can vote for anyone you like .....But I'd like to encourage you to give yr vote to Joanne :big_smile: :thumbsup:

I've seen her twice live and she is a belting act, very much in the Power Trio SRV mold.
Just listen to any of the tracks on her page if you don't believe me and her 1st two albums "White Sugar" and "Diamonds in the Dirt" should be in any good blues collection.

here's the link to her page on the Ernie Ball site

http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/jst55

Lets get Joanne playing at Crossroads 2013 :thumbsup:
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
MichaelRobinson

Re: Joanne Shaw Taylor - Crossroads

Post by MichaelRobinson »

Wow....She can realy sing. I got the shill all over my body from firs to last note.
But I don't invole in votings. That's out of scoop when it comes to me.

Here is an other female singer that talk to my musical inner; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXNEmtf9tk
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

I have registered a vote there muself. I've been a fan since her first album 'White Sugar' in 2009. :clap:

Though I feel it's a shame there's only two tracks on the page for her - a lot of the acts have posted up more tracks than that and I think that just the two tracks don't really show her range well enough.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!
Strummer07

5 songs on Joanne's page - Crossroads

Post by Strummer07 »

She put some more tunes on her page last night VB

Jealousy , a cover but a great song ..suits her voice too
Army of One and Going Home

all decent listens

I don't know how it all works .. but you can actually post or register your "support" daily or as often as you like. The Judging panel look at the top supported acts and choose from there.
Gary Moore 1952-2011
Strummer07

Post by Strummer07 »

Joanne is todays featured artist on the Ernie Ball "Crossroads" site .. and her rating has gone up ...so she's getting some good support.

Currently 89.8% .. but still on page 2

Sandi Thom ( Joe Bonamassa's lady) is just behind Joanne at circa 87.6 % .. she's good too .. I wouldn't have put her in a Blues category but maybe her recent stuff has moved in that direction a bit.
I don't know much about the 8/9 artists abouve JST .....Milla Hniang seems to be very much a country artist - she's 0n 90%

and the leader for a while now is a 13 yr old Tallan Latz also at 90% ....I'm sure he's mighty talented ... but I don't want to see kids at "Crossroads"
Give us real blues.... From Guys and gals with a bit of living in their boots !

take a wander over and give JST a bit of support
http://www.playcrossroads.com/u/jst55
Gary Moore 1952-2011
VikingBlues

Post by VikingBlues »

Strummer07 wrote:Sandi Thom ( Joe Bonamassa's lady) is just behind Joanne at circa 87.6 % .. she's good too .. I wouldn't have put her in a Blues category but maybe her recent stuff has moved in that direction a bit.
I believe Sandi Thom had been wanting to do bluesier music but her record label wouldn't allow it. I've read that she has only managed to end up playing the music she wants to with the help of Joe B.
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!