Eric Clapton New Album 2010!

Talking Blues, news, cool links
drockadam

Re: Eric Clapton New Album 2010!

Post by drockadam »

That's the real Blackie :nuts: . I wonder when the interview was taken? Probably sometime this summer? Mr. Clapton looks pretty tanned.
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

@ HalfBlindLefty

I was just wondering in the pre ordered Deluxe edition, there is a 16 page book of pictures from the recording sessions and such. By any chance can you upload them here to 12Bar? I'd love to see them. I only have 5 pictures from the recording in the standard CD.
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

drockadam wrote:@ HalfBlindLefty

I was just wondering in the pre ordered Deluxe edition, there is a 16 page book of pictures from the recording sessions and such. By any chance can you upload them here to 12Bar? I'd love to see them. I only have 5 pictures from the recording in the standard CD.
Iploading that to 12bar could bring Gerd in to problems for copyright abuse......
Besides, the booklet can't be flattened enough to create a good scan.

I will see what I can think of.
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
drockadam

Post by drockadam »

Oh oops, about the copyright. Could you take a picture with a digital camera and send me an email?

(adam.derocco@yahoo.com)
Keep The Blues Alive,

- Adam De Rocco
jjbennett

Post by jjbennett »

Hmm, what to say about the album.

Disappointed would be the word.

It seems he thrashes things live and then gets really complacent in studio. I love Clapton's "proper blues" stuff the most, and it seems that with each album the hope for another From the Cradle styled selection of songs (or a single song!) moves further into the distance. It's not a bad album by all means, i just don't have the impetus to listen to it like my current Arc Angels CD or an Eric Johnson one.

Autumn Leaves is my favourite off the CD, that does deserve a mention as it is an outstanding song. Perfect tempo, clever lyrics (yeah ok it's a well covered song) and a really good, punchy solo. The tone Clapton gets as well is pretty sexual. Shame the rest of the album aint like that.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I'm not a huge fan of any of Eric's studio albums that I've heard- though haven't got From The Cradle.
Live recordings is where he shines.
feare

Post by feare »

Usually I agree, Clapton's studio stuff doesn't compare to live performance. This album really hits it on the spot, however. Autumn Leaves, Judgement Day, Travellin Alone, Hard Time Blues are such great songs that have a very "live" feel to them, in fact the whole album has a very live feel to it.

Love the jazz. When Somebody Thinks Your Wonderful is a great song (check out the version on Jool's), and the trumpet solo on How Deep is the Ocean is my personal favorite solo on the entire album.