Inspirational Music quotes

Talking Blues, news, cool links
Strummer07

Inspirational Music quotes

Post by Strummer07 »

These rocked up in my in-tray the other day .......they are from a guy calleed Micheal Jae ( not even sure what he does/sells :icon_whoknows: )

But I thought they were worth sharing here........sevearl members have decent quotes in their signature bars .........so here's a few more

Interesting to see so many quote from one James Hendrix .. he left us a good legacy !

Also was much taken by the BBKing quote re Learning .............which is largely what this forum is about

Here's to Learning !!

I thought I'd share with you some of the most inspirational quotes about music that I've come across. These are the best of the best. Enjoy!
1. Without music life would be a mistake. ~Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
2. Music is my religion. ~Jimi Hendrix
3. Play the music, not the instrument. ~Author Unknown
4. To me a guitar is kind of like a woman. You don't know why you like 'em but you do. ~Waylon Jennings on his Telecaster
5. Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words. ~R. Ingersoll
6. Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without. ~Confucius
7. Music is what feelings sound like. ~Author Unknown
8. Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded. ~Jimi Hendrix
9. Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. ~Charlie Parker
10. Music is love in search of a word. ~Sidney Lanier
11. A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ~Leopold Stokowski
12. A jazz musician is a juggler who uses harmonies instead of oranges. ~Benny Green
13. Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die. ~Paul Simon
14. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music. ~Jimi Hendrix
15. Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together. ~Edgar Winter
16. Music's the medicine of the mind. ~John A. Logan
17. All music is beautiful. ~Billy Strayhorn
18. Music is what life sounds like. ~Eric Olson
19. Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness. ~Maya Angelou
20. The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.~B.B. King
21. Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue. ~Plato
22. Music is the fourth great material want, first food, then clothes, then shelter, then music. ~Christian Nestell Bovee
23. The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar. ~Jimi Hendrix
24. Music is the literature of the heart; it commences where speech ends. ~Alphonse de Lamartine
25. Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ~Berthold Auerbach

Got any crackers that you want to share ??
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
HalfBlindLefty
Admin

Re: Inspirational Music quotes

Post by HalfBlindLefty »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great wisdom I detect here, music is like the force, strong within you it is :wink:

Thanks for sharing
A long time ago, in the old forum : Registered: Mon, 27 Nov 2006. Wonder were the other old members all went....
VikingBlues

Re: Inspirational Music quotes

Post by VikingBlues »

Nice collection Strummer. :thumbsup:
I particularly like "Music washes away from the soul, the dust of everyday life".

The benefits of music are so hard to put into words (for me) so it's good to read the thoughts that more erudite people can express so well. :big_smile:

Here's a few to consider:-

The pause is as important as the note. Truman Fisher
Without music, life is a journey through a desert. Pat Conroy
Music is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is not enough for music. Sergei Rachmaninov
Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence. Robert Fripp
A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. Leopold Stokowski
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is THE BEST. Frank Zappa
Music is the only religion that delivers the goods. Frank Zappa
An improv a day keeps the demons at bay!