clapton's effects late '70s

Talking Blues, news, cool links
trutoblue

clapton's effects late '70s

Post by trutoblue »

clapton used some type of chorus or vibro effect in the late 70s early 80s. listen to some live videos on youtube. i'm not sure if it is that tri-chorus or some sort of plate delay or something along those lines. his reverb is mixed in well with the effect. it sounds like more of a "warble" than a leslie or standard chorus. i know what the faq pages say but i'm not convenced that it is a tri-chorus. he used it on "slowhand" and some after that. check out some of the vids from the 70s and the arms concerts. i personaly don't use a lot of effects but this one really intrests me.oh yeh, i'm not new to the site just changed names cause i didn't log on for a while...been too busy.thank god.
Strummer07

Re: clapton's effects late '70s

Post by Strummer07 »

As far as I recall about the only 2 effects Eric uses and has used for some while now are a Wah pedal and a straight Boss Chorus Pedal ( a CE-5 I think ) and he doesn't use that a lot either
"Death is just a heartbeat away"
lyric from "Out in The Fields"
Gary Moore 1952-2011
BadBluesPlayer

Post by BadBluesPlayer »

I think he was using a Leslie at some point.
emathe00

Post by emathe00 »

Hey everyone,
I used to be on this forum quite often, but i lost my password etc.....so anyway, its good to be back

From what i remember, Clapton used a wah, a delay, and a chorus and or a leslie. He mostly used music man amps as well.